Nuvi 1260t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 1260t

Hi guys. I need help in uploading your philippine map into my 1260t. have updated the unit and it can see the major roads of the Philippines (even the Pasig River) but the one on your website is much better. Have tried your suggested nethod (trainer then the 2 new garmin apps) but it cannot find the device after I connected it. Any advice?

You meant Training Center right? And you installed Mapsource as well?

The above are the only programs you need to install. Then you download the Roadguide map version 1.07 which is free, you install it and open mapsource. You should be able to see roadguide mentioned on upper left hand screen of mapsource it's a drop down menu.

If your unit is not being detected or found by Mapsource, then maybe your unit and your PC is not talking properly.

1. What OS and version are you using.
    2. When you connect your GPS unit onto your PC, what you have to do is turn on your GPS unit, then plug the mini USB cable to your unit and the USB to your PC.

You should notice that your GPS display should change to a Garmin logo and on the bottom a PC connection logo. If you dont' see this, then as I said your PC and your unit is not "talking" properly.

Make sure your PC is detecting your unit properly (USB device).

3. Usually you should be able to see your Garmin unit in your safely remove device icon on lower right hand side of Windows.

An alternative to installing the freemap is to install it in an SD card or MicroSD card depending on what type your 1260T accepts. You do this by using an SD card reader or an MicroSD card to SD card adaptor then an SD card reader. Then install using Mapsource. Then after all is done, insert your microSD back onto your unit and turn on, should work, as the free 1.07 map is an unlocked map.

Good luck!
    TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Working...
    X