NUVI 1365 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NUVI 1365 help

Good day. my uncle just brought me a garmin nuvi 1365 unit from japan. It has english language however, when i open the map, japanese characters are on the display. I've installed all the necessary programs in this forum but the mapsource doesn't read my device. any advce or suggestions? thanks!

In order for us to try to assist you, please post more details on what you are experiencing.

1. When you say mapsource cannot read your device, do you mean that if you go to Utilities/Get Unit ID. Mapsource cannot detect your unit?

2. Also check with your windows (what version are you using) and see if windows (My computer) has a Garmin drive in there and possibly another drive for the microSD slot. This will show if drivers were installed and your computer is detecting your Garmin unit.

3. IF, Mapsource sees your garmin unit but do not allow you to upload the map, I suggest you try the work around I have done. Buy a MicroSD card and install the free RG map version 1.07 into the microSD, it should work.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

As for me, I acquired a second hand unit 1365LM. But its map is still CN 2013. I tried going to garmin website but it says my map is still up to date. I've been browsing online stores and it says a 2015 version is already released and available. I wonder if there was even a 2014 update for my unit.

Comment

Working...
      X