Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 205w or 1250?

hey guys i need your opinions on what to buy between the two,
    can you give me pros and cons about the two?

TIA and Happy New year

205 is a bit old, so you can probably get it cheaply.

1250 is slightly new model so maybe a bit more expensive, but has a bit more features.

Now? I'd probably suggest a 1250 just look or wait for Bargains.

Not sure about display sizes for both, think 205 is bigger? Not sure.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

thanks for the idea arvin, are you a member of PHBYC?

Comment

hmmm...i want bigger screen = 205w, i want to hear street names (e.g. "Turn right A.BONIFACIO AVE. in 500 meters.")...1250 is the way to go...
        If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
            hmmm...i want bigger screen = 205w, i want to hear street names (e.g. "Turn right A.BONIFACIO AVE. in 500 meters.")...1250 is the way to go...
            Thanks loop and hbt...

i like more smaller gps so i can attach it on my mountain bike,,

here's another noob question...

im into fishing hobby right now, can i bring the 1250 gps and mark the spots that are productive?

thanks again guys

Comment

Originally posted by dragonrage View Post
              Thanks loop and hbt...

i like more smaller gps so i can attach it on my mountain bike,,

here's another noob question...

im into fishing hobby right now, can i bring the 1250 gps and mark the spots that are productive?

thanks again guys
              we'd rather not include it in the map.

you can mark it for your own use though.

Comment

Dragonrage, yes I'm the same guy in PHBYC.

Yes you can surely safe Waypoints of your favorite fishing or productive spots. However as Kuya Pokz said, these are not considered "valid contributions", I cannot even imagine you wanting to share your fishing spots to the whole RG community anyway. So you have to separate your private Waypoints from those that you want to contribute (that are of relevance to the community).

1250 if you want to mount on mountainbike! For fishing you need to invest in a waterproof pouch or enclosure to protect your unit from water or dunking.

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  Dragonrage, yes I'm the same guy in PHBYC.

Yes you can surely safe Waypoints of your favorite fishing or productive spots. However as Kuya Pokz said, these are not considered "valid contributions", I cannot even imagine you wanting to share your fishing spots to the whole RG community anyway. So you have to separate your private Waypoints from those that you want to contribute (that are of relevance to the community).

1250 if you want to mount on mountainbike! For fishing you need to invest in a waterproof pouch or enclosure to protect your unit from water or dunking.

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  Thanks arvin for the thoughts, i will try to look here who sells water proof pouches for the gps..thanks again and a happy new year to all RG and their family....

God Bless

Regie

Comment

Working...
                  X