• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Nuvi 50LM

help pls.

dont know how to install maps from philippines

thanks!

Please read this http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526 specifically FAQ B.2 and B.3... HTH

Comment

many thanks sir. another Question pls. My in law has a garmin 1300 and gamin 255w. i did the same thing but the problem is no satellite can be detected. Many thanks again sir
      Last edited by edwin_quitoriano; 01-05-2012, 10:37. Reason: tagalog

Comment

Edwin, please post in English!

For your In Law, ask him to turn on the GPSR and leave it outside where it can see the open sky for at least 15 minutes, could take that long or longer, but it should detect satellites eventually. If not, check, maybe it's on demo mode, but I understand that all Garmins, if you turn it off and then on again, the mode goes back to normal mode. So chances are you just have to wait for a while until there is a good lock.

Reason for this happening, is that if a GPSR was used in a different country, it still will think it is still there, so when you turn it on somewhere else, it will try to search and "talk" to the same satellites, which are probably not in the right position or it's signal deos not reach our area anymore. So it will have to try go through all the satellites listed in it's memory and test for signal.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Working...
        X