Nuvi 1300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 1300

Hi, I currently have the nuvi 260 and I'm quite happy with it. However, the wide screen version looks cool too. It seems that the 1300 series is somewhat similar in function with the 260.

Was wondering if anyone already has this unit and would appreciate some feedback on the performance of the unit.

Can I download the RoadGuide Philippines maps to this Nuvi 1300?

Comment

Originally posted by thisthick View Post
      Can I download the RoadGuide Philippines maps to this Nuvi 1300?
      yes. garmin units are compatible with Roadguide map.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

currently using one. no complaints so far. icons look better compared to the 2xx versions which most of my friends have, however it seems that response time (clicking icons, etc) seems slower, but routing is just the same. had the opportunity to test mine side by side with a 255w. btw, still haven't found out if it has the 1s tracklog. already tried the steps mentioned in a thread here, but no luck
        Last edited by bunta510; 10-30-2009, 21:34.
        no waypoint left unturned

Comment

prod

Originally posted by bunta510 View Post
          currently using one. btw, still haven't found out if it has the 1s tracklog. already tried the steps mentioned in a thread here, but no luck
          I bought a replacement Nuvi205 recently, but before doing so I also checked out the Nuvi13xx on display @ Best Buy. It was nice and slim. Then I immediately checked if the "easter egg" procedure would work on it. No joy.

Comment

Originally posted by matanglawin View Post
            I bought a replacement Nuvi205 recently, but before doing so I also checked out the Nuvi13xx on display @ Best Buy. It was nice and slim. Then I immediately checked if the "easter egg" procedure would work on it. No joy.

not sure but i think those 4 numeric nuvis are not capable of the 1 sec.
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

1s tracklog for 13xx series
              press the speed on the lower right in navigation screen > press speedometer gauge for few secs > press diagnostic logging >
              done this in 1370t, i think this will work in other 1xxx series, HTH

Comment

i have the 1300 too

you don't need magic buttons to get the tracklog, just open Mapsource and receive tracks/POIs from the unit or just browse the GPX files inside the GPX folder...

Comment

Originally posted by paetechie View Post
                  i have the 1300 too

you don't need magic buttons to get the tracklog, just open Mapsource and receive tracks/POIs from the unit or just browse the GPX files inside the GPX folder...

that is the ordinary nuvi track (not so accurate), not the 1 sec. track (which is more accurate) they were discussing.

to learn more. here, read this page: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=15
                  Last edited by hbt; 04-27-2010, 17:08.
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by elx221 View Post
                    1s tracklog for 13xx series
                    press the speed on the lower right in navigation screen > press speedometer gauge for few secs > press diagnostic logging >
                    done this in 1370t, i think this will work in other 1xxx series, HTH
                    thanks for the info

Comment

Nnuvi 1300

Got a 1300 but it can't find the or recognize the Roadguide map, while my 265, I easily paste in the img file in Garmin folder and works. I already extracted inside the Garmin folder the Roadguide map, but still to no avail, then tried placing in memeory card with folder of Garmin and inside that garmin folder has the img file, but still no to avail, Need help.

Comment

Originally posted by quatrosingko View Post
                        Got a 1300 but it can't find the or recognize the Roadguide map, while my 265, I easily paste in the img file in Garmin folder and works. I already extracted inside the Garmin folder the Roadguide map, but still to no avail, then tried placing in memeory card with folder of Garmin and inside that garmin folder has the img file, but still no to avail, Need help.

try to transfer the 1.07 basic map using mapsource
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

hi newbie in nuvi 1300

hi guys..how do i contribute in a small ways to add maps in our place in dumaguete and also in some parts of negros.. thank you..and could i have the contributor maps?thanks...

Comment

to check how to download specific data, check out the how to section.
                            you'll get the contributor's map after getting a "contributor" status.

welcome to RG.Ph
                            ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Rico, Try to introduce yourself in the introduction page, so at least you can also ask more "personal" questions there. However quickest answer to your question is... FAQ to the Rescue:
                              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

I suggest, get and install:
                              1. Training center
                              2. Mapsource

The above two are bread and butter, easiest tools in my opinion to contribute, how to download and install? Check the FAQ link above. Take note to download the specific version of Mapsource.

Easiest way to contribute, specially in your area which might not be well covered is to start with basic Waypoints, Police Station, Hospital, Brgy Halls, restaurants. Just go to those place with your GPSr, stand there for a while for a good fix, then save the waypoint on your GPS.

Then learn how to download the waypoints into mapsource and then save as gdb file and learn how to upload. Easy and fun

TTFN
                              Arvin

Comment

Working...
                              X