Garmin Nuvi 2595 Help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Nuvi 2595 Help pls

I got a Nuvi 2595, and i downloaded the standard map, mapsource and the training center. I can view the maps on the training center and mapsource but i can't put it inside the device. mapsource can't seem to read my nuvi 2595. Is there any other way i can put the maps inside the device? The computer recognizes the gps cuz i can see it in "My Computer" so it's not an issue with my usb cable. Can i just save the maps from mapsource and just paste it inside the gps manually? help will really be appreciated thanks.

Did u select "send to device" ?
    If yes, did the device appear in the dialog box?
    If not, reinstall garmin's usb gps drivers. Google garmin usb drivers. Free download from garmin's site.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I did selected "send to device". I haven't installed any garmin usb drivers. I'll try everything you've said. I'll let you know if it works.

Comment

I downloaded the drivers. But still mapsource doesn't recognize my nuvi 2595..
        Last edited by deguitz06; 05-03-2012, 13:06.

Comment

were you able to get it to work?

Comment

IC3,

Thread is a bit old now, hopefully Deguitz will answer, but if you are asking because you have some issues as well, please post a question, so that we can try to help you with your particular issue.

Please include mapsource version and other details when you do, so we can hopefully help you out. If you are having trouble with Mapsource, you can try Basecamp instead:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=5401

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by deguitz06 View Post
              I got a Nuvi 2595, and i downloaded the standard map, mapsource and the training center. I can view the maps on the training center and mapsource but i can't put it inside the device. mapsource can't seem to read my nuvi 2595. Is there any other way i can put the maps inside the device? The computer recognizes the gps cuz i can see it in "My Computer" so it's not an issue with my usb cable. Can i just save the maps from mapsource and just paste it inside the gps manually? help will really be appreciated thanks.
              i got this problem for my 2575 nuvi . . . mapinstall of basecamp solve it

Comment

Originally posted by deguitz06 View Post
                I just get my Nuvi 2595LMT as a pasalubong from my friend who just arrived from the USA yesterday. I pm The Judge for my unlock code and I get it in less than one hour. Impressive!

This model is no longer compatible with Mapsource. I used Basecamp to install the map.

I was able to install both RG 2.17 and OSM 12132012
                Last edited by d1754; 12-18-2012, 11:26. Reason: additional info
                d1754
                "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

try this

Make NUVI DIR & Files visible for Backup
                  1. To make all of Nuvi files visible you must unhide protected files via Win7 like any other HD.
                  2. Start NUVI by itself and go to Volume Screen.
                  3. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
                  4. The Developers Screen will pop up
                  5. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS
                  6. Change from AUTO DETECT to MASS STORAGE

7. Shut down NUVI and hookup to Computer USB cable
                  8. Start NUVI and it should recognize it is hooked up to the computer.
                  9. Explorer will now see all files in ROOT directory and the .System directories.
                  10.Try to load map using Mapsource

HTH, by the way i'm Nuvi 2595LM user and my OS is Windows 7
                  Walang bisyo, TxT lang..

Comment

Working...
                  X