Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking your Garmin Nuvi GPS? Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking your Garmin Nuvi GPS? Is it possible?

Hi. I just want to ask if it's possible to track your gps device from your computer like you would know where your device is by just using your computer? Is there a software that can do this? I'm kinda new to my gps so any answer that would help will be appreciated

thanks in advance.

Originally posted by deguitz06 View Post
    Hi. I just want to ask if it's possible to track your gps device from your computer like you would know where your device is by just using your computer? Is there a software that can do this? I'm kinda new to my gps so any answer that would help will be appreciated

thanks in advance.
    real time no.

you can however see where it was provided the track logging was switched on.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

oh. realtime tracking was what I was looking for. hehe oh well. anyways thanks. how do i know where it went?

Comment

thanks in advance.
        nuvi is for navigation not tracking. there are other gps gadgets that would serve this purpose.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

oh. realtime tracking was what I was looking for. hehe oh well. anyways thanks. how do i know where it went?
          for real time tracking, PM beerboy
          he can set you up with something like that
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

or get a Garmin Asus A10 + another android device. set up lattitude on both devices. tracking between units may be viewed via google maps though. don't know if there are still available units as garmin/asus has terminated their partnership
            no waypoint left unturned

Comment

thanks in advance.
              GPS like garmin like ours serves as a receiver and not a transmitter therefore it was passive and can record only track log, passive GPS does not have transmission device such as a cellular uplink module or circuits that would send GPS data from the vehicle. Technically our garmin is recording device only.

You need an acxtive gps so that you could track in real time..

Real-time tracking systems rely in GPSsatellites & cellular system. A GPS tracking circuit module continuously picks up the vehicle's precise coordinates, which determines the real time location of the vehicle that's being tracked.

Also there is a latest GPS tracking system which is called SilverCloud Real-Time GPS Tracker. It uses google maps and by using google chrome, firefox etc...etc..With its 3 seconds updates it was a reaL time tracking indeed..

Comment

real time tacking is possible from your phone. just download garmin tracker, but make sure you have registered your garmin first to www.garmin.com. when you are already registered, you can download android appication look for Garmin tracker, the log in and the password is the same from your garmin account. presto you can locate your GPS

note: you can trace as long as your GPS is on. hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                X