Help w/ Garmin nuvi 1390LMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help w/ Garmin nuvi 1390LMT

Hey guys! I just bought a nuvi 1390LMT from the states and used it for 3 weeks. It comes w/ a preloaded North AM 2012.40 map. 2 days ago prior to my arrival here in manila, i have successfully installed your roadguide 1.07 basic map. No error whatsoever. However, when i got to manila, the gps cannot locate/acquire the sattelites for the philippine map. Fyi, i already checked the tab on the Map Info tab (roadguide.ph)along with the CN North Am map and still the GPS can't acquire sattelites. But, when i check the country and street signs, they all appear there. I also went outside the road to acquire signals but still no luck.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

IMO you need more time for your device to lock its new set of satellites
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by red120585 View Post
      Hey guys! I just bought a nuvi 1390LMT from the states and used it for 3 weeks. It comes w/ a preloaded North AM 2012.40 map. 2 days ago prior to my arrival here in manila, i have successfully installed your roadguide 1.07 basic map. No error whatsoever. However, when i got to manila, the gps cannot locate/acquire the sattelites for the philippine map. Fyi, i already checked the tab on the Map Info tab (roadguide.ph)along with the CN North Am map and still the GPS can't acquire sattelites. But, when i check the country and street signs, they all appear there. I also went outside the road to acquire signals but still no luck.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
      You need more time to lock the satellite sincde the last fix, as I understand, is in the US.
      d1754
      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

thanks for the inputs guys. took 10 mins before it got a lock on the satellites. gps working perfectly now.

Comment

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
          - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

I've tried to download the programs training, mapsource, standard map.

but when I launch the training module it cant recognized my device.

I'm using 1390lmt bought from the US

whats the workaround on this,.. any help would be highly appreciated. thanks

Comment

Wait, how did you install RG 1.07? You are using a different PC now than in the US?

Training module, you do not launch it, you install it and then forget about it, though starts automatically when you start your computer, it has a g icon in the tool bar. So basically stop trying to use training module.

What you should try to do is to install and then open mapsource. If it works and then find your GPS unit, then you are all set.

If it won't, then you need to read through here:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31
              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4729
              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4345

The first link is all about mapsource, the second link is about a problem we encountered before, but seems to have been fixed, but read through it anyway.
              The third one is a fix by an RG member for Mapsource, might do away with Training center altogether.

When all else fails, try to use Basecamp.
              http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=5401

Good luck!

TTFN
              ARvin

Comment

Working...
              X