Nuvi 50 Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 50 Maps

do any of u guys know where to get maps for the nuvi 50?
    thnx

Originally posted by matthewseet98 View Post
    do any of u guys know where to get maps for the nuvi 50?
    thnx
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

Comment

Anyone using the same device? It seems that point of interest icons is not showing up. It will be hard to contribute if waypoints not visible in this device

sent from sgh-i777 using tapatalk

Comment

I use the same device. You are correct. POIs don't show up. if you have favorites, they will show up though. If you want to contribute pois, go to the location, save it as favorite, retrieve using mapsource and upload. Also, you can do viewing pois in mapsource. No POIs take some getting used to if you are coming from older nuvi models. I used to have the 265W.

Comment

How I wish new garmin just had a Show/Hide POIs toggle.

Comment

Originally posted by desertfox615 View Post
            I use the same device. You are correct. POIs don't show up. if you have favorites, they will show up though. If you want to contribute pois, go to the location, save it as favorite, retrieve using mapsource and upload. Also, you can do viewing pois in mapsource. No POIs take some getting used to if you are coming from older nuvi models. I used to have the 265W.
            i guess i have to use my old unit just to check if that POI exist or not. i thought this unit is better.
            btw, is the junction feature working for you?

Comment

Originally posted by desertfox615 View Post
              How I wish new garmin just had a Show/Hide POIs toggle.
              i've read other forums that garmin will be releasing new updates in enabling this. but no one knows when will that be.

Comment

Originally posted by bubuty View Post
                i guess i have to use my old unit just to check if that POI exist or not. i thought this unit is better.
                btw, is the junction feature working for you?
                Works for US maps but not for the RG map.

On another note, this one is easily readable bec. of the 5-inch screen.

Comment

Agree.

Comment

I am not 100% sure, but when in navigation view the POIs do not usually get displayed in most US Garmin models, but please try tapping on the map to get to "Map view" and the POIs should come out, please try and confirm. If this works then that is how you confirm if the POI is already there or not.

Junction view is not yet a feature of RG map.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by bubuty View Post
                      Anyone using the same device? It seems that point of interest icons is not showing up. It will be hard to contribute if waypoints not visible in this device

As per my experience, only 1490T up models up shows POI icons in their 3D mode if zoomed. But you can still see the POI icon if you tap the screen and it will switch to 2D mode and you can see now the icons. The problem is that, you have to constantly drag the screen to keep up to your vehicle icon which moving which very unsafe while driving. Also it is not on track-up mode meaning even you going in a direction your vehicle icon is going somewhere unalligned with your direction.If you do not drag it, eventually your vehicle icon will be out of the screen and you will not see if the poi you want to save is already on the map or not.

Comment

from the start, my 2 nuvi 1300 and 1 nuvi 1350 shows icons in 3D mode

you just have to adjust it to the right "zoom" level
                        Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                        - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Poi still not showing in map view or 2d view. Only the favorites are visible. I think this is one of its limitations....

Comment

yeah! it;s working on my nuvi50LM ~ ^^.. may i know if i'm from malaysia i not able to do contribute, how to get the most latest map for 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
                              from the start, my 2 nuvi 1300 and 1 nuvi 1350 shows icons in 3D mode

you just have to adjust it to the right "zoom" level

Sir were did you bought your nuvis?

Comment

Working...
                              X