Help nuvi 30 stuck at logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help nuvi 30 stuck at logo

Help. Nuvi 30 is stuck on start up logo when connected to windows 7. Can't reset. Bricked?

is it new Unit. I just got my Nuvi40...2 days ago I was about to get Nuvi30

Comment

can you upload a picture of it? have you tried it in other OS's? Can you still use it? if no, you can try resetting it http://forums.gpsreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=21511

Comment

Umm, I am not sure but if it's an Icon, and you connected it to your PC, it means it is in PC connect mode. If you disconnect it from your PC, and you turn it on, and it still is stuck, then yeah maybe it's bricked. But I wonder why you automatically said it's bricked when you mentioned it's connected to Windows 7, because when you are using it for navigation you should not have it connected on a PC!

Another possibility is if you bought a MicroSD card, and it's inserted, try to take it off and then turn off then on again. Sometimes I have encountered that taking off the microSD makes the unit run correctly, but then again other times there is no problem.

Good luck!
        TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

OK guys,

The unit was connected to the PC (windows 7) it was updating the base map of Australia/ New Zealand map (where i bought the unit a few months back. Have been using it here in manila for a couple of months already via phil map on sd. Anyways, electrical surge. The unit did not finish uploading the map..... therefore, garmin OS was shot!!! Found a technician here in manila (somewhere in other forums) wont mention it nalang. He had to re-program everything. So finally fixed it, but now base map is the philippines. All other maps now on SD. Just don't know what version map he used. Anyways whats the latest contributor map now.

Comment

Hmm, if he can repair GPS, and he does not mind his info posted, I don't think there is anything wrong with it...

But congratulations that you were able to have it fixed!

The RG contributor's map now is version 2.11 you could take a peek if you have mapsource by downloading the demo map, please refer to the How to page to find the link for the demo map.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

thanks Arvin!

Comment

Working...
              X