Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is trafficTrends? Is it applicable here in the Philippines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is trafficTrends? Is it applicable here in the Philippines?

Hi, guys! First post! Recently got a Nuvi 1300 as my first GPSr. As I was browsing the net for tips and tricks regarding my Nuvi, I stumbled upon Garmin trafficTrends. I've been reading websites regarding this topic but for a newbie like me, it's a little too hard to understand. I know the feature is not available in my nuvi, but I'm willing to 'upgrade' to a 37xx if trafficTrends actually works here in our country. Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks in advance and very glad to have found this forum!

nuRoute with trafficTrends and myTrends

Providing efficient routing and realistic arrival times, trafficTrends recommends routes using historical traffic data and recurring trends at any given time or day.

Making your commute easier than ever, nuvi 3700 series remembers your frequent destinations and uses myTrends(TM) to predict your destination without you needing to activate a route, displaying your arrival time and best route based on relevant traffic information.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

TrafficTrends will not work here but in the u.s. yes. It is based in historical traffic data which in other countries they have traffic data base and traffic provider. Garmin obtain these data and incorporate to the map data. If you updates your north american map which probably twice a year, correspondingly you obtain updated traffic data therefore your garmin will provide different route depending on the time you will passing on that particular route based on the data updated.

Another features Lifetime Traffic Updates
      Navigators with “T” in the model name such as nüvi 2460LMT give you 100% subscription-free lifetime traffic updates (applicable in other countries only).

In your garmin cable (for with T model) there is a visible FM receiver-a small rectangular shape thing. This receiver receive data from traffic providers (not all areas in the u.s. have traffic provider). Traffic data providers get their data from diffferent source the most common is from fixed traffic sensors on major roads giving extremely accurate traffic reports live. Out of this data Garmin navigator monitors traffic conditions automatically in specific route and area.
      Unfortunately we do not have this technology here in the phils therefore traffic updates features was irrelevant/useless.

Comment

Working...
      X