Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost map details

hi guys.

i bought a garmin nuvi 295w last year and this year it told me the maps are 1year old and need to update to new maps.

updated it with the free map 1.07. everthing went fine. except for lost details on the new map.

i dont know the details of the previous map. but it has the streets. street names and POIs thats nearer to my position.

after the update. i lost all those streets. all i got is main roads. no names too. and the POIs are far and fewer.

what did i do wrong?

Originally posted by jwlsin View Post
    hi guys.

i bought a garmin nuvi 295w last year and this year it told me the maps are 1year old and need to update to new maps.

updated it with the free map 1.07. everthing went fine. except for lost details on the new map.

i dont know the details of the previous map. but it has the streets. street names and POIs thats nearer to my position.

after the update. i lost all those streets. all i got is main roads. no names too. and the POIs are far and fewer.

what did i do wrong?
    What you did sir was you downgraded your map to older or less detailed map..
    To have an updated map, check the link below
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

1. You probably didn't have a Roadguide Map in the first place.

2. As Pyth said the RG 1.07 map is quite old, it is offered free for those who have no maps at all.

3. I hope you made a backup of your original map, if you did, then reinstall that.

4. If you really want regular free updated maps, you should read our FAQ page and learn how to become a contributor. Contributors get the latest contributor's map which s arguably the most updated map for the country.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Don't hesitate to ask further questions here!

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

@arvin & pyth

oh uh
        i didnt have a backup of it. was rather confident im not doing anything while doing "update".

it seems i messed up. didnt know what the orig map was.

thanks guys. will have to do the steps.

Comment

i think what you updated was your default map (probably US) or the base map from garmin website. You can try re-installing the 1.07.

Comment

You could always go back to the shop that you bought it from and tell them to reinstall the original map you had before!

Then again, still your best choice is to join the RG community and become a contributor ensuring you latest and best map as mentioned.

If you think you can't, then visit Garmin website and see if you can buy their latest Philippine map.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Working...
            X