NUVI 265W Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NUVI 265W Problem

Please help me..i copied data from a friend's garmin nuvi 265w to my garmin nuvi 265w..after i restarted the device it prompted me that an update but lower version is available..i accidentally clicked proceed then the device went blank..when i turn the unit on it only lights up as a blank white screen..even when i connect it to a pc it doesn't even show the logo, it's just a blank white screen..i tried opening the unit and disconnecting the battery, but after it was still the same..please help me repair my garmin..

Does anybody know also where i can get a replacement battery for a garmin nuvi 260w? thanks..

Originally posted by yul_ramos View Post
    Please help me..i copied data from a friend's garmin nuvi 265w to my garmin nuvi 265w..after i restarted the device it prompted me that an update but lower version is available..i accidentally clicked proceed then the device went blank..when i turn the unit on it only lights up as a blank white screen..even when i connect it to a pc it doesn't even show the logo, it's just a blank white screen..i tried opening the unit and disconnecting the battery, but after it was still the same..please help me repair my garmin..

Does anybody know also where i can get a replacement battery for a garmin nuvi 260w? thanks..
    That was called a "brick unit"..Your unit is probably dead and only special rom write tool can bring it to life..Only map,favorites and data can be copied from unit to unit..each garmin has unique signature (permanent like if you put a password on it no matter what you do you wont crack it or reset it- need rom writer to do it) in its internal memory which identified with its service unit id. Thats why garmin have the webupdater program to update software which cant be done by simple copy paste procedure..Try batterysource for the batteries but you have to wait 2 weeks ETA..

Try a hard reset if it doesnt work ,probably garmin version of mostscript file was corrupted-rewrited...
    Last edited by pyth777; 11-13-2012, 05:43. Reason: add info

Comment

Originally posted by yul_ramos View Post

I don't know much about garmin but maybe this can help. http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ighlight=reset

Comment

Working...
      X