2455lm & 255w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2455lm & 255w

Hi, just got a 2455LM. When I open the Mapsource and connect the unit to the GPS, It cant find the device (245LM).

I also had an old 255W which I successfully installed RG1.07 basic map and been using it for 2 years. just this evening when i try to upload data to my PC it shows the correct GPS ID but it wont sync. instead a message would pop up stating "There was a problem communicating with the garmin device".

Question
    1. Is the Mapsource V6.13.7 compatible w/ the 2455LM unit?
    2. What's seems to be the probs with my 255W? this is the 1st time I've encountered this problem.

Pls. Help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Originally posted by Glock27 View Post
    Hi, just got a 2455LM. When I open the Mapsource and connect the unit to the GPS, It cant find the device (245LM).

I also had an old 255W which I successfully installed RG1.07 basic map and been using it for 2 years. just this evening when i try to upload data to my PC it shows the correct GPS ID but it wont sync. instead a message would pop up stating "There was a problem communicating with the garmin device".

Question

2. What's seems to be the probs with my 255W? this is the 1st time I've encountered this problem.

Pls. Help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

It also happened to may PND, 285 when I updated its firmware. The problem with mine is I can not transfer files fr pnd to mapsource.

Comment

Question

Pls. Help.

Thanks a lot in advance.
      Same with my 2595LMT. Mapsource can not detect it. Use Basecamp for installing maps.
      d1754
      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

If I may suggest.

You may now update your Mapsource to higher versions other than 6.13. Mine I now 6.15 but you can also use a higher version.

However as the other Kuyas have suggested, you may also try Basecamp instead, we are sort of now being convinced that for newer models basecamp is the way to go if mapsource has problems with your unit.

Kuya Glock, please try to contribute to get contributor's status, 1.07 is really quite old now and if you check out the latest demo map, you will realize how much you are missing out

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

just got nuvi 2455 LMT need help to load maps. Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone...

Question

Pls. Help.

Thanks a lot in advance.
          just got nuvi 2455 LMT need help to load maps. Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone..

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Casibang View Post
            just got nuvi 2455 LMT need help to load maps. Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone..
            Hi. Welcome to Roadguide.
            This thread will help you get through the process http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Don't hesitate to post here if you have further questions.

Comment

Mac User

Thanks for the help Sir. However, I think the software used on the downloadable maps is PC based. Since i'm using Mac, I can not open it and install on my computer. Any suggestion?
              Again thanks and Merry Christmas...

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Casibang View Post
                Thanks for the help Sir. However, I think the software used on the downloadable maps is PC based. Since i'm using Mac, I can not open it and install on my computer. Any suggestion?
                Again thanks and Merry Christmas...
                Try this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=603

also this was discussed here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1584

Comment

Greetings!

I also had the same problems with my bnew Nuvi 2455lmt. Couldn't be detected thru USB and no MAP folder in the internal memory.

Found the following solutions through trial and error:
                  1. Went to garmin.com/mydashboard and downloaded USB drivers and Ffox plug-ins. All gps related apps able to detect my unit after installation. Then, used diagnostics option to activate mass storage function.

2. The map that came with the unit was in a hidden SYSTEM folder. Could not locate it even after using VIEW options in FOLDER settings. Used mapsource to install Roadguide.ph 1.07. After this, a MAP folder appeared in the main directory. Directly placed my unlocked maps here and they worked fine.

I hope this helps. Thank you Roadguide ph for a lot of useful info!

Comment

kuya did you try this procedures, im not sure if our model is the same series...

Originally posted by dokies View Post
                    try this

Make NUVI DIR & Files visible for Backup
                    1. To make all of Nuvi files visible you must unhide protected files via Win7 like any other HD.
                    2. Start NUVI by itself and go to Volume Screen.
                    3. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
                    4. The Developers Screen will pop up
                    5. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS
                    6. Change from AUTO DETECT to MASS STORAGE

7. Shut down NUVI and hookup to Computer USB cable
                    8. Start NUVI and it should recognize it is hooked up to the computer.
                    9. Explorer will now see all files in ROOT directory and the .System directories.
                    10.Try to load map using Mapsource

HTH, by the way i'm Nuvi 2595LM user and my OS is Windows 7
                    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...6418#post76418
                    Walang bisyo, TxT lang..

Comment

Hi, Just got logged on after months of workload. I got the 2455 synced with my 3.17 mapsource and changed the MTP settings. Thanks to all.

Comment

Nuvi 2455LMT

Originally posted by dokies View Post
                        kuya did you try this procedures, im not sure if our model is the same series...

http://RoadGuide.ph/forums/showthrea...6418#post76418
                        This worked perfect for me installing maps VIA mapsource, to Nuvi 2455LMT

try this

Make NUVI DIR & Files visible for Backup
                        1. To make all of Nuvi files visible you must unhide protected files via Win7 like any other HD.
                        2. Start NUVI by itself and go to Volume Screen.
                        3. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
                        4. The Developers Screen will pop up
                        5. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS
                        6. Change from AUTO DETECT to MASS STORAGE
                        7. Shut down NUVI and hookup to Computer USB cable
                        8. Start NUVI and it should recognize it is hooked up to the computer.
                        9. Explorer will now see all files in ROOT directory and the .System directories.
                        10.Try to load map using Mapsource

HTH, by the way i'm Nuvi 2595LM user and my OS is Windows 7

"When in doubt, gas it. It'll either solve the problem, or remove the suspense."

Zumo 550 ,Etrex Vista HCX, 08 KTM950R super enduro, 2008 KLX450R, 2008 KLR650, 09 BMW F800GS

Comment

Working...
                        X