How's the Nuvi 50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the Nuvi 50?

I'm thinking of getting a Nuvi 50? Does anybody here have any first hand experience?

I've had a Zumo 450 for 5 years already and am going to the states in a few months. I tried to update the map but it would cost something like $50. I figured for $50 more I could get a new GPS.

In Amazon it's selling for $105
    http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-n%C3%BC...&keywords=nuvi

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=401&pID=92845

What do you guys think of the Nuvi 50?

Thanks in advance

Works fine except you can't clear the trip log thru the menu (you need to reset the unit). Not sure if Garmin fixed this yet through software update.

Comment

If you go to the US often, try to check if they offer "Life time maps" at least you can get updated maps for free when you go there again in the future, plus it will not prevent you from using RG contri map here.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

A latest but cheaper version of 1490T series..Except it is lately produced and lighter- the older 1490T is much better in performance and features. Based in my own use of it..
        Last edited by pyth777; 02-08-2013, 19:13.

Comment

thanks to all the replied

@Walter - that is kinda weird that you can't clear the trip log. I can do that with 5 year old Zumo. Maybe the size of the internal memory is so big now that you don't have to keep clearing the memory anymore to add new ones

@arvin555 - thanks for the tip. I was looking at that but I don't go to the states often enough.

@pyth777 - Oh thanks I'll look into the 1490T more heavily. But from initial search it's $180 at Amazon and it's got Bluetooth that I don't really need.

thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
          X