Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often the Map gets updated?

Hi Moderators et al,

I understand that the "Standard Map" can be downloaded by any member of RG and only contributors can get the unlock code for "Contributor's Map".

Following are my questions:

1. How often do you guys keep the Standard Map updated?
    2. Do we update the "Standard Map" based on ALL the information we have from "Contributor's Map"?
    3. How beyond the Standard Map compared to the Contributor's Map is?
    4. How do we verify if the information being contributed is correct? (i.e update on POI like restaurants)
    5. When I become a contributor, how often do I get an updated Contributor's Map?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Drigs

Reply to:
    1&2) Not sure really if the standard map was even updated ever since I joined?
    3) Very far behind
    4) download and install the latest demo map. This is the latest updated map so you can verify your would be contributions if they are there already
    5) You can always get the latest map once you become a contributor and we usually have a monthly update.

Comment

Originally posted by Drigs30 View Post
      Hi Moderators et al,

I understand that the "Standard Map" can be downloaded by any member of RG and only contributors can get the unlock code for "Contributor's Map".

Following are my questions:

1. How often do you guys keep the Standard Map updated?
      2. Do we update the "Standard Map" based on ALL the information we have from "Contributor's Map"?
      3. How beyond the Standard Map compared to the Contributor's Map is?
      4. How do we verify if the information being contributed is correct? (i.e update on POI like restaurants)
      5. When I become a contributor, how often do I get an updated Contributor's Map?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Drigs
      My answer to your questions:
      1. Since I joined the group in 2009 it was updated only once.
      2. No.
      3. Very far beyond.
      4. Go to the place and see it for your self
      5. Contributor map are updated almost monthly.

So I encourage you to read the FAQ and How to Thread to learn how you can contribute.
      Last edited by d1754; 03-11-2013, 04:13. Reason: wrong spelling
      d1754
      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

4. You have the Standard Map on your GPSR. You should have the Contributor's Map installed in MapSource. When you're out and about collecting new POI's (new, because they're not displayed on your GPSR), you then upload your data into MapSource and compare your collected POI's with the Contributor's Map. If your collected POI's are shown on MapSource, they aren't new.

If you know the area where you're recording, check MapSource, first, to see what's already been recorded and then look for new POI's to record.
        Experiencia Docet

Comment

How often the Map gets updated?

Thank you guys for your responses.

If the Standard Map is too far behind the Contributor's, I think everybody should contribute then to improve our MAP in general.

This is the first time I use GPS. I will read more threads in this forum and will ask questions if needed.

Ill be more than happy to join and contribute soon...

Comment

Working...
          X