2460LMT or 2595LMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2460LMT or 2595LMT

I just ordered a 2460lmt, but source said that they might get it after a week, and asked if I would rather have the newer 2595lmt (for the same price).

I was leaning towards the 2460 as it seems well recommended here. I don't really care about the lifetime maps nor traffic, as it will be used almost exclusively in the Philippines, but the LMT models are the ones available in the factory refurbished "bin".

Recommendations? Should I get the newer 2595 or stick to the proven 2460. My main concern is to be able to contribute, and be able to get the contributor's map (I heard some new garmin models won't let you used a locked map like the RG map).

Thanks!

Originally posted by Alfalfameister View Post
    I just ordered a 2460lmt, but source said that they might get it after a week, and asked if I would rather have the newer 2595lmt (for the same price).

I was leaning towards the 2460 as it seems well recommended here. I don't really care about the lifetime maps nor traffic, as it will be used almost exclusively in the Philippines, but the LMT models are the ones available in the factory refurbished "bin".

Recommendations? Should I get the newer 2595 or stick to the proven 2460. My main concern is to be able to contribute, and be able to get the contributor's map (I heard some new garmin models won't let you used a locked map like the RG map).

Thanks!
    2595 lmt is the one that I use. It has a bigger screen 5". I love the voice command and the bright screen even under bright light. It has bluetooth that you can connect to your cellphone and may other good feature.
    d1754
    "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
    those who accept it avoid the snares of death
    . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Thanks! I was just thinking that the newer versions (I read somewhere that a 3xxx model) could not used the RG map.

Also, (being a total newbie), I understand that RG uses mapsource, but the newer versions of garmin use basecamp. What I would like to do is to make sure I am able to contribute to RG.

So, unless there are other opinions, I can tell my seller to just send me the 2595LMT?

Thanks much! Hoping to contribute soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfalfameister View Post
        Thanks! I was just thinking that the newer versions (I read somewhere that a 3xxx model) could not used the RG map.

Also, (being a total newbie), I understand that RG uses mapsource, but the newer versions of garmin use basecamp. What I would like to do is to make sure I am able to contribute to RG.

So, unless there are other opinions, I can tell my seller to just send me the 2595LMT?

Thanks much! Hoping to contribute soon!
        There is no problem with Basecamp you can download it free from garmin website. It is much easier to transfer your track to PC from 2595 using Basecamp and contribute it here using the gpx file. 2595 is capable of 1 second track. I posted the step by step in a thread http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...highlight=2595
        Last edited by d1754; 03-11-2013, 13:58. Reason: Add more info
        d1754
        "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
        those who accept it avoid the snares of death
        . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

i ordered a nuvi 2495lmt and the voice command is so convenient that i would recommend it for nuvi users

Comment

Working...
          X