Are these on ur maps?..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these on ur maps?..

Favor naman mga papi.....I dont have my Nuvi yet... I would like to know kung nasa RoadGuide® map (free or not) yun mga establishments (POIs) sa Boracay? And if meron mga establishments, could you indicate kung how many percent ang covered ng map (estimate niyo nalang poh)...
    ....Salamat.

coverage of boracay on the contributor's map is very good ... lots of poi's

judge for yourself

Last edited by kinyo; 03-13-2013, 22:12.

Comment

That is quite a lot... Kaso eto yun contributors map. Ibig ba sabihin, mas konti sa Free Map?.... Naku, mukhang 34xx na dapat kunin ko for portability...

Got another question tuloy..... Sa pag contribute.... Do i contribute POIs? New roads? Photos? Etc.... Do i have to contribute all, or kahit isang POI lang, contributor na agad ako?

Another one.... Can I add a POI sa Nuvi unit itself. Or do i have to do it, or some editing in Mapsourse?
      Last edited by tris; 03-17-2013, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by tris View Post
        That is quite a lot... Kaso eto yun contributors map. Ibig ba sabihin, mas konti sa Free Map?.... Naku, mukhang 34xx na dapat kunin ko for portability...

Got another question tuloy..... Sa pag contribute.... Do i contribute POIs? New roads? Photos? Etc.... Do i have to contribute all, or kahit isang POI lang, contributor na agad ako?

Another one.... Can I add a POI sa Nuvi unit itself. Or do i have to do it, or some editing in Mapsourse?
        Yup, Contributors map is much more updated as compared to free map. You can contribute either of the one you mentioned I think one contribution will not qualify you to become a contributor but bear in mind that there are a lot to contribute for example in in your area, there maybe changes of establishment, new establishments that you can contribute, even by just looking at the demo map you can add or delete the various POIs that need to be change. Its not so difficult to become a contributor but's it's easy to become inactive contributor

You can save your own POis as favorite in your gps. You have to submit the pois in order it could be included in the next map update.

Lastly- when posting, better to avoid Taglish as we have foreign visitors/ members here that might help you in your queries.

Good luck and we look forward to you to become a contributor

Comment

Tris,

Please post in english as per forum rules

You either contribute POIs, new tracks (1sec tracks are preferred), Road names or road name corrections. No photos, however I usually take photos of POIs I plan to contribute so that I know the actual real name and spelling of the POI I am contributing or the street name, etc. Also photos will help you hopefully determine which places are beside or near the POI you found, for positioning purposes.

Please visit the FAQ page as it should have all the info that you need, just post back here again if you need clarification or post in the appropriate thread.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Lastly I can tell you this, one POI contribution will not cut it to becoming a contributor, our contributor's map won't be as detailed as it is today if contributors only contributed one POI each Furthermore after becoming a contributor, you still have the responsibility to keep contributing! After all we all benefit from each other's contributions anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X