Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 3597

Hi guys!

Please pardon me I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this thread. I'm new here and I'm not very familiar with garmin products except from what my dad lent me before... a garmin 2xx series.

I ordered a nuvi 3597 through a cousin from the states and I expect it here at the end of the month. Would the roadguides map be compatible with the unit and its features e.g. junction view, active lane guidance? I have no experience with manually uploading a map on a gps device.

Thank you very much!

Originally posted by riven319 View Post
    Hi guys!

Please pardon me I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this thread. I'm new here and I'm not very familiar with garmin products except from what my dad lent me before... a garmin 2xx series.

I ordered a nuvi 3597 through a cousin from the states and I expect it here at the end of the month. Would the roadguides map be compatible with the unit and its features e.g. junction view, active lane guidance? I have no experience with manually uploading a map on a gps device.

Thank you very much!
    hi riven, happy new toy

a big YES, rg map is very much compatible with your garmin

junction view, No...

active lane assist, i think its kinda Yes...

and welcome btw to RG

TTFN
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
      hi riven, happy new toy

a big YES, rg map is very much compatible with your garmin

junction view, No...

active lane assist, i think its kinda Yes...

and welcome btw to RG

TTFN

Thank you very much sir!

Oh? there's no junction view support? too bad. Anyway, I was kind of worried that the 3597, being a 2013 model and having a new layout, might have problems in using conventional methods in incorporating Philippine maps.

Will the roadguide map override the preloaded US maps? Thanks!

Comment

Thank you very much sir!

Oh? there's no junction view support? too bad. Anyway, I was kind of worried that the 3597, being a 2013 model and having a new layout, might have problems in using conventional methods in incorporating Philippine maps.

Will the roadguide map override the preloaded US maps? Thanks!
        junction view - no
        lane assist - no

and to answer your question above, no, RG map will not override US map.

Comment

Thank you! Noted

How about if I load multiple maps e.g. roadguide with the garmin city navigator SE Asia and perhaps openstreet would that also be possible or do I have to choose only one?

Comment

Thank you! Noted

How about if I load multiple maps e.g. roadguide with the garmin city navigator SE Asia and perhaps openstreet would that also be possible or do I have to choose only one?
            You can load multiple map using BASECAMP.
            d1754
            "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
            those who accept it avoid the snares of death
            . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Working...
            X