New to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Forum

I just stumbled in to this forum. Happy.

I have not used my Nuvi outside the US. So I am wondering if there are maps available for the Philippines in this forum and how to get them. Thanks

Update:

So I went to the download section and downloaded the demo map to my pc. But I do not understand what I got. When I open it it tries to burn the file to a cd/dvd.

And what is a Navitel?

Also, will these maps work in my garmin?
    Last edited by bonus; 04-10-2013, 01:34.

Welcome to RGPh bonus. I don't understand why your PC would try to burn a cd/dvd instead of installing. I am assuming you got your demo map from the Download windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map thread? I'm just guessing here 'coz you're asking about Navitel and the map's compatibility to garmin.

Anyway, once you've got your map installer sorted out, you might want to go through the How to load the map to your gps thread. Oh, and just incase, you might want to backup your default map, which I'm assuming is your US/North America map 'coz you mentioned it's your first time to use your gps outside the States.

HTH.
    Last edited by B2Bomber; 04-10-2013, 01:52. Reason: Addendum
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

thanks, B2B.

From your reply am I to understand that I need to install an installer first? Because if that is the case all I did was clicked the demo file.

If an installer file is required which one is that?

Comment

New to Forum

Originally posted by bonus View Post
        thanks, B2B.

From your reply am I to understand that I need to install an installer first? Because if that is the case all I did was clicked the demo file.

If an installer file is required which one is that?
        Hi Bonus,

You need to install Mapsource application first before you can use any map. It's the same software you use to send maps, routes, POIs, etc. to your GPS.

Basically, there are 3 types of Map in RoadGuide for Garmin Nuvi. These are as follows:

1. Standard Map - Basic Map
        2. Contributor's Map - This is the latest RG Map you can uplaod to your Nuvi
        3. Demo Map - You can only use this in Mapsource. Cannot be uploaded to your device

You can go to the link below to know more about RG maps and how to get the latest map for your GPS:

Go to FAQ on "How to Thread" for Newbies

Comment

Working...
        X