Dumb questions from a noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb questions from a noob

Hi guys. Not much of a techie so pardon the moronity.

I have a Garmin NUVI 40 that I have already uploaded with a Philippine map (bought my unit in the States). I have some stuff I wonder about so I'll just put it out there:

1. My US maps are "still there" right? Even if I've downloaded a Phil ma, when I go back tot the US and turn my unit on, the US maps will still be there right?

2. Aside from the US and now Phil map, can I put more maps in my NUVI 40 preferrably without an SD card yet? How many more maps can I load?

3. I'd also like to get Japan and Singapore maps. Are those downloadable somewhere like here in our forum?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by BassProAddict View Post
    Hi guys. Not much of a techie so pardon the moronity.

I have a Garmin NUVI 40 that I have already uploaded with a Philippine map (bought my unit in the States). I have some stuff I wonder about so I'll just put it out there:

1. My US maps are "still there" right? Even if I've downloaded a Phil ma, when I go back tot the US and turn my unit on, the US maps will still be there right?

2. Aside from the US and now Phil map, can I put more maps in my NUVI 40 preferrably without an SD card yet? How many more maps can I load?

3. I'd also like to get Japan and Singapore maps. Are those downloadable somewhere like here in our forum?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Should be the case.
    2.Yes / depends on free memory.
    3. Yes. Malsingmaps / malfreemaps for sing. Dunno about Japan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

It is not a dumb question, quite often asked actually!

Kuya Jan already replied, but would like to add a bit:

1. Often the built in map is named a specific way in the unit. However you have to be a bit careful when installing other new maps like RG, Malsing and maybe OSM (they might have Japan). Because the file name most probably be gpsmapsup or something.

2. Don't despair there is hope... hopefully. With new Garmin Nuvi models you can change the file name to get multiple maps in your unit. I heard that the really latest ones you can even completely rename the map file.

Anyway I did a search and found out that I asked that question sometime ago (so again it isn't dumb coz I asked the same one anyway )

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...=multiple+maps

Please read the whole thread to get an idea on how to do it. If you have questions you might want to post there in that thread, or here.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Working...
      X