Hi guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys.

I am totally a newbie to forum and like what I have read here so far with limited time.

I`m living in Cebu city , riding a Honda xr 250.

Have been thinking of mounting a gps unit on it.

I would like to find out if someone can help me with information regarding a Nuvi 1250 I brought over from Australia

Is it possible to be able to download Philippines maps in to it ? I have not noticed or seen this model here.
    I and my wife are planning to do some riding off the major highways here and gps would come very handy for orientation.

Thank you in advance.
    Harri

Originally posted by Hy H View Post
    I am totally a newbie to forum and like what I have read here so far with limited time.

I`m living in Cebu city , riding a Honda xr 250.

Have been thinking of mounting a gps unit on it.

I would like to find out if someone can help me with information regarding a Nuvi 1250 I brought over from Australia

Is it possible to be able to download Philippines maps in to it ? I have not noticed or seen this model here.
    I and my wife are planning to do some riding off the major highways here and gps would come very handy for orientation.

Thank you in advance.
    Harri
    Harri,

Welcome to RoadGuide.ph

Since you have an XR250 and want to do some riding off the major highways in CEBU, I suggest you check out our 'Green Trail Rides Cebu' Wiki Group

I am back in Cebu from Tomorrow, and will start organising and posting details of upcoming GTR's in Cebu.

See http://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpai...ge/Next+GTR%3F

Harri,

As a total newbie, might I suggest you start educating yourself by going through all the sections of this Forum.

You wrote "I would like to find out if someone can help me with information regarding a Nuvi 1250 I brought over from Australia".

You will find information of the Nuvi range of GPS units. I assume you might well be interested in learning if you can use this Nuvi 1250 on your Honda XR250, and eventually have RoadGuide.ph Contributors map installed.

You can of course download the FREE Basic Roadguide.ph Map and install to your Garmin Nuvi 1250 via Garmin MapSource or BaseCamp.. Not too sure if you will find the RG.ph Basic Map all that good for off-road motorcycling in Cebu. I lot of the Dirt Bike and 4WD Tracks of Cebu, currently showing on V2.23, simply are not there on the FREE RG.ph Map.

I have helped several guys in Cebu to become RG.ph Contributors, with them joining in our Green Trail Rides and plotting with a GPS, some new tracks not currently on RG.ph Contributors Map V2.24.

I have posted to several Threads, several times in many cases, on this Forum, showing how I used a Gamin Nuvi 255 on my Yamaha XT225 'Serrow'.

I am sure you might find these Threads especially interesting, if you want to consider mounting your Garmin Nuvi 1250 on your Honda XR250, much like I did with my Garmin Nuvi 255

'Andy' has an XR250 (was Super Motard , until he bought new 21" and 18" rims and had new spokes fitted to his Hubs, and shod with Dual Sport tires), so it better suited for Off-Road use.
    Last edited by Britster; 06-16-2013, 00:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Hy H View Post
      Is it possible to be able to download Philippines maps in to it ?
      yes.
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        yes.
        That is a factually correct answer Jan, even if it did not provide much information for a 'newbie"!

It is so long since I even looked at where the Download thread, for the FREE RG.ph Map was.

I was pleasantly shocked to learn the Free RG.ph Map has been updated (since the free version that I downloaded in 2009),as the latest RG.ph FREE map is v1.07

Download windows compatible garmin installer of the standard map

download here

you need mapsource to send the map to your gpsr.
        Looks like it is now RG.ph 20v2 that is being offered as the new standard Map which is good news to those wanting to try some off-road exploring in Cebu and track some new Trails, to become an RG.ph Contributor, hopefully.

One needs a fairly decent Map, in order to get to and find the places where there are new tracks to add to RG.ph V2.24
        Last edited by Britster; 06-16-2013, 21:56.

Comment

Working...
        X