Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin Nuvi 50 from UAE (will I be able to use in the Philippines?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Nuvi 50 from UAE (will I be able to use in the Philippines?)

Guys, somebody is selling me his Nuvi 50 which was bought from UAE.

I am a noobie when it comes to gps and using roadguide maps but I want to have gps in my car.

1. Will i be able to use this unit to load philippine map by RG or openstreet map?
    2. Wala bang lock codes ang mga gps that will prevent me from using it here?
    3. Will i be able to use nuvi 50 to save tracks, waypoints and POIs and contribute also?

I hope somebody can help me as I am about to get it this saturday. Thanks

1. any of the 2
    2. RoadGuide free version = no unlock code
    RoadGuide contributor version (more details)= needs unlock code
    3. yes

how? read the FAQ
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      1. any of the 2
      2. RoadGuide free version = no unlock code
      RoadGuide contributor version (more details)= needs unlock code
      3. yes

how? read the FAQ
      Thank you very much.

I appreciate it.

I have been reading the FAQ since yesterday trying to study everything about maploading and others.

In number 2, I am actually more concerned about the device if it has a lock feature that would prevent me from using it here in the Philippines and using maps uploaded manually.
      Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 09-26-2013, 14:03.

Comment

i've been using nuvi 50 for more than a year now. it's a great buy you'll have no regrets.

Comment

You can use any garmin bought anywhere. It doesnt matter where it is from. Gps receivers work in any part of the world as long as you have a clear view of the satellites.

Your only concern would be if you have a map to use here in PH. The free version of roadguide requires no unlock key so you just need to send it to your gpsr via mapsource.

In order to have a better and more complete map, you need to be a contributor so you can have access to the newest and updated version.

Please read faq on how to be a contributor.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Working...
          X