help what to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help what to buy

Is anyone here who has a nuvi 50lm? Im planning to buy a new unit and i just saw this model on bestbuy. How was the sensitivity of the touchscreen?

Im replacing my nuvi 1300 because im having difficulty on pressing the letters.

Do you also know if it has a capability to setup your route?

One more thing.if i bought a new unit.how could i send my contributors map since it has a new unit id?

Buy a nuvi 2460 model instead..Faster ,more features-bluetooth/voice command and have good touchscreen response...

Comment

Originally posted by tribal View Post
      Is anyone here who has a nuvi 50lm? Im planning to buy a new unit and i just saw this model on bestbuy. How was the sensitivity of the touchscreen?

Im replacing my nuvi 1300 because im having difficulty on pressing the letters.

Do you also know if it has a capability to setup your route?

One more thing.if i bought a new unit.how could i send my contributors map since it has a new unit id?
      ask for a new unlock code from the judge.

Comment

Originally posted by pyth777 View Post
        Buy a nuvi 2460 model instead..Faster ,more features-bluetooth/voice command and have good touchscreen response...
        I checked this unit on bestbuy but its refurbished...

How about nuvi 2555 or nuvi 2557?any idea what does choice of route setup means?does roadguide map support lane assist feature?

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
          ask for a new unlock code from the judge.
          Will he give me a new code even i dont contribute much now?coz i dont have anything to contribute because my route is always the same (monumento to bambang only)

Comment

Will he give me a new code even i dont contribute much now?coz i dont have anything to contribute because my route is always the same (monumento to bambang only)
            since your status is still an active contributor, there is no reason why he won't give you a new unlock code.

Comment

1 last question, i'm decided to buy the nuvi 2555lmt. my question is, do all units from US can be used here in the philippines?can i also use the mapsource for this unit?

Comment

1 last question, i'm decided to buy the nuvi 2555lmt. my question is, do all units from US can be used here in the philippines?can i also use the mapsource for this unit?
                a. yes
                b. yes. but for full compatibility, use basecamp instead of mapsource.

Comment

a. yes
                  b. yes. but for full compatibility, use basecamp instead of mapsource.
                  Ok thanks..i downloaded the basecamp and i dont know how to use it...lol..i cannot even see the poi...

Comment

Just received my new gps unit (nuvi 2555) from U.S.
                    How to ask for a new unlock code? By just sending the unit id to the judge with no further explanation?or should i tell him because i bought a new unit?

Comment

send your unit id. tell him it's for a new unit.

Comment

send your unit id. tell him it's for a new unit.
                        thanks. he already sent me a new code. already transferred the map. My only problem now is the POI (not showing) i read that some garmin units dont show poi...is there any way to show it on the map?

Comment

thanks. he already sent me a new code. already transferred the map. My only problem now is the POI (not showing) i read that some garmin units dont show poi...is there any way to show it on the map?
                          If you mean that pois are not showing when on an active route... then it is a firmware limitation on US versions... but when you simply can't see pois even when by mere browsing the map... then you forgot to install the poi map.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                            If you mean that pois are not showing when on an active route... then it is a firmware limitation on US versions... but when you simply can't see pois even when by mere browsing the map... then you forgot to install the poi map.
                            do you mean to say a similar model (say, nuvi 40) running the same map (contributor's map) but running on different firmwares (one is US and one is Singapore) will display differently on their screens (one will have POIs showing while navigating , and one will not)?

Is this what you mean?

Comment

AFAIK there are only 4 units capable of showing POI in active route. The 1390 , 1490, 2495 (partial) and 2595..

Comment

Working...
                              X