Nuvi 1690, no POI using free RG map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 1690, no POI using free RG map?

I have installed the free RG map in my nuvi 1690 using mapsource. My problem is that I don't see any POI. Is nuvi 1690 not capable of POI using RG map?

... its probably because you did not select the POI map

when selecting map tiles in mapsource using map tools be sure to select all the tiles, eleven tiles all in all

cheers
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Originally posted by VFORCE3 View Post
      ... its probably because you did not select the POI map

when selecting map tiles in mapsource using map tools be sure to select all the tiles, eleven tiles all in all

cheers
      Sir,
      I will load again the free RG Map. Do I need to erase the map file in the nuvi 1690? and then load again the file using mapsource. Thank you sir for the reply.

Comment

Just re install it kuya

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4
        Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
        - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Be sure that the two rg maps are checked in your gps.
          d1754
          "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
          those who accept it avoid the snares of death
          . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
            Be sure that the two rg maps are checked in your gps.
            I have checked the 2 RoadGuide maps. Actually I'm in the US, but even in simulation mode POI search should run? We are visiting tagaytay when we go to the Phils. on Nov. 2013 and I'm searching in GPS POIs the names of the food establishments but no success with this nuvi 1690.

Comment

Working...
            X