Help in recovering Keyboard File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in recovering Keyboard File

While attempting to clear up space in a nuvi 1390lmt, i accidentally deleted the keyboard files in finder( i use a mac btw). I attempted to reinstall using garmin express to no avail. Any advise please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Actually its the QWERTY keyboard layout that im trying to re-install on the device.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks!

Comment

do you know which files are needed? if yes, make a file with an older version # and try to update your unit.

Comment

^ I'm afraid I don't. All I know is that they were keyboard files that I erased to create space and somehow resulted in the loss of the QWERTY option.

I emailed garmin support. Hope they can reply soon.

Thanks!

Comment

No reply from Garmin yet.

Hope the gurus here can help.

Thanks!

Comment

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
            - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 10.17.31 AM.jpg

As you can see, my KB file folder is empty. Hence when i turn on the device, the only KB layout is the 'ABCD' and no option to select the QWERTY KB layout anymore.

Could this be because the unit is has been updated to the latest SW 6.20? I've read somewhere that the QWERTY has 'royalty' issues with Garmin and possibly taken them out on updated SW versions.

Ive tried web updater and garmin express too, but no such file can be found.

Thanks!

Comment

^ Thanks so much for the assistance.

Tried but did not work. Must probably need to get the file from the exact same model.

Comment

Working...
                X