Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to upgrade my Garmin Nuvi?

How to upgrde my old garmin?

My opinion only, I never updated the firmware of my nuvi, ever, there are risks and there aren't that much to gain. So my suggestion is don't! I don't recall any feature of RG map that actually needs a firmware upgrade, but I could be wrong.

The alternative, if you want to upgrade features of your Nuvi is to try to sell or giveaway your current Nuvi and buy a new one.

Again in my opinion, the only features that I'd look for in buying a new model are as follows:
    1. Better touch screen sensitivity of the newer versions.
    2. Singaporian firmware wherein the POIs are displayed on the map (nice for TG mappers to see if POI is already there or not).
    3. My Route or route learning capability (learns your preferred routes like your daily route to work).
    4. Voice command (maybe)

Other features either aren't available locally or aren't that important. Traffic feature does not work here yet.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I said these are all just my personal opinion.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      My opinion only, I never updated the firmware of my nuvi, ever, there are risks and there aren't that much to gain. So my suggestion is don't! I don't recall any feature of RG map that actually needs a firmware upgrade, but I could be wrong.

The alternative, if you want to upgrade features of your Nuvi is to try to sell or giveaway your current Nuvi and buy a new one.

Again in my opinion, the only features that I'd look for in buying a new model are as follows:
      1. Better touch screen sensitivity of the newer versions.
      2. Singaporian firmware wherein the POIs are displayed on the map (nice for TG mappers to see if POI is already there or not).
      3. My Route or route learning capability (learns your preferred routes like your daily route to work).
      4. Voice command (maybe)

Other features either aren't available locally or aren't that important. Traffic feature does not work here yet.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I said these are all just my personal opinion.

TTFN
      Arvin

bluetooth
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
      X