Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 52LM Track inspection

Hello guys,

Is there a way to check BEFORE usage the track selected by the GPS ?

I went from Sariayas in Quezon yesterday, I am completely lost here so far and driving in central Manila gives me heart attacks !
    I followed the Garmin in booth directions, and it showed the correct way, may be not the optimal.

On my way home I enabled usage of toll roads, and Garmin thus guided me to the SLEX towards Manila.
    However, garmin stated that I should take Exit 23 Filinvest, but the correct choice would have been
    Exit Carmona (at least I believe that) !
    And I followed the Garmin ... that is why I bought it ....
    And it became a long and frustrating trip !

I think it would be clever to check the Garmin preferred road selections before using it !
    On my 6 year old TomTom Go!, I could simulate the navigation from start to end.

And, I would like to have printed maps as backup, to verify that I am on the right track !
    I have not found any car maps here so far, I checked the National Bookstore.

It would be nice if the Garmin maps could be downloaded to a PC and then printed !
    I have not used my Nuvi 52LM for very long. I have no real complaints on it, it is reliable and the display is quite good !

Thank you !
    Per L.

it can be checked if you have mapsource or basecamp installed in your pc prior to making the trip. make sure your mapsource/basecamp have the same route settings as your pnd, although this is not fool-proof, this is the closest you can get apart from checking it thru the device itself.

you should have taken the correct exit that you know. technology should not dumb us down.

Comment

Working...
    X