need expert on this one,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need expert on this one,

when I search by address it shows Philippine map when I press go it shows map in the US?? is it because its not getting a sat signal, if the gps is in the Philippines and its showing US map will it search for sat in the Philippines?? it should right the gps should always search for sat signal no matter what
    tried hard reset firmware update no dice im using 3790

Originally posted by bongits View Post
    when I search by address it shows Philippine map when I press go it shows map in the US?? is it because its not getting a sat signal, if the gps is in the Philippines and its showing US map will it search for sat in the Philippines?? it should right the gps should always search for sat signal no matter what
    Hi Bongits! Welcome to Road Guide Philippines.
    I am not familiar with your unit, but yes, all GPSr should be able to acquire sat signals (make sure your outdoors and in an open area). If still you're not acquiring sat signals, verify if the GPS simulator is turned off. Settings>System>GPS Simulator>Off.
    Now, to be able to view Philippine map, go to Settings>myMaps, select RoadGuide free Philippine map.
    I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by constable8566 View Post
      Hi Bongits! Welcome to Road Guide Philippines.
      I am not familiar with your unit, but yes, all GPSr should be able to acquire sat signals (make sure your outdoors and in an open area). If still you're not acquiring sat signals, verify if the GPS simulator is turned off. Settings>System>GPS Simulator>Off.
      Now, to be able to view Philippine map, go to Settings>myMaps, select RoadGuide free Philippine map.
      I hope this helps.
      i was on open area for an hour no signal acquired, by default gps simulator is off when you search a location each time anid i make sure RoadGuide philippine map is the only map checked, these is indicated when i search by address and it founds the address on philippine map ok, but when you press go it switch to us map although its not moving because no satellite signal

will it acquire sat. signal in the philippines if the gps is showing us map?
      im using nuvi 3790
      i would like to open it but i cant see any screws at the back
      thanks for responding i appreciate all the help i can get
      Last edited by bongits; 11-12-2014, 05:01.

Comment

Please go to this thread: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...0234#post40234
        You may find the discussions there useful/helpful to your situation.

Comment

I agree with the suggestions of Kuya Constable.

1. Make sure your unit is not in Simulator mode. (you said it isn't).
          2. Make sure you have the RG Map on and Untick any other maps for now, including US maps.
          3. Make sure you are in an open area, with clear skies to try to get a signal. The worse/longest time I spent trying to get a Sat Lock was I think 30 minutes, heck I left it in the middle of our garden.

This is true specially if you travelled a long way while your GPS is off (USA to Phils.)

4. I am not sure if your unit allows it, but if you see a "Signal level" on upper left hand corner of your screen (opening screen) you can tap on it to see what satellites are getting lock. At least if you see the Satellite signals coming and going, it will not make you impatient. But if there is no signal at all after half an hour then something is wrong with your unit (maybe). When I say No signal, I mean no indication of any signal being received or detected, does not have to lock on, just some indication that it is talking to something up there.

As I understand it, the GPS will need a lot of time to determine "where it is" and then once it does it will try to remember which Satellites should it be looking for, so it's a bit of a cycle at first, specially when you travelled far. Heck I even sometimes need 15 minutes to get a lock after a flight from Manila to Cebu for example.

Don't tinker around with it, there is nothing you can do by disassembling it, unless maybe your thinking of changing batteries and stuff.

Please post when you finally get a lock, and good luck!

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

I have 3790LMT just like yours. It will took only max of 5mins to have a satellite fix (after a hard reset). If it cant fix at that time probably a soft or worst hardware issue. Try to hard reset it then update firmware to the latest version using webupdater or garminexpress. Even you tick a local map, it will not search WP unless gps there is signal detection. My only observation with Garmin 3000 series is its back is always hot simply because i guess of its metal alloy finish which is a good conduction of heat. I have 3460 3490 and 3790 they behave all the same...

Comment

Working...
            X