Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 65LM - Feedback

Hi Everyone

I'm planning to buy a Nuvi 65LM it's says that Garmin has an official MAP of the PHL with lifetime map update.

Now questions is how reliable is the Garmin official PHL Map? and will RG Map support the line assist which is kinda handy specially here in Manila.

I hope somebody on the forum can provide any feedback to help to decide on the purchase.

By the way i have an old unit passed down to me by a friend it's Nuvi 255W it has a contributor map (but kinda old like 2010 version no cavitex). I'll try my best to contribute to have this baby updated .

I have a question regarding my nuvi 255W BaseCamp tells me to update my Nuvi from v6 to 7.5... Will this be safe? i mean it may have some locking like from PlayStation ... Just asking

Comment

Originally posted by JohnConner View Post
      Hi Everyone

I'm planning to buy a Nuvi 65LM it's says that Garmin has an official MAP of the PHL with lifetime map update.

Now questions is how reliable is the Garmin official PHL Map? and will RG Map support the line assist which is kinda handy specially here in Manila.

I hope somebody on the forum can provide any feedback to help to decide on the purchase.

By the way i have an old unit passed down to me by a friend it's Nuvi 255W it has a contributor map (but kinda old like 2010 version no cavitex). I'll try my best to contribute to have this baby updated .

AFAIK, GARMIN map support junction view and lane assist, RG map does not.
      d1754
      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

John my new GPS also supports split screen, but using RG and also the free map supplied with the unit, neither actually displays the split screen for the Philippines, regardless what the advertisers/sellers tell you..

Apparently its a new compiler software that is needed, its supplied by Garmin, but its expensive, it has been suggested that it may be forthcoming, but that is all.

I like the display of WP's now displayed on my gps when driving, and I waiting for the "trend" software to kick in showing my preferred routes when on the road.

John, Lipa.

Comment

Per my post in your intro page page JohnC, don't go updating your firmware just because.... surely not because of Junction View, because it is not supported by our RG map.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Working...
            X