Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi problems keep coming

i have nuvi 300 installed with 1.06 full version map,
    out of curiousity i sent again the map to the unit, after sending it, nuvi displayed cant unlock maps,
    using again thesame unlock code did it via mapsource utilities. send it to my unit nothing changed, the same problem came out, tried to uninstall and re intall the map still the same.
    tried to delete the map file in garmin folder of my nuvi and sent again the same thing happend. tried to update the software from garmin site and pressing the reset button, still the same, cant unlock the map

i dont think that the unit has the problem, i still can send / recieved
    files and can save waypoints to my nuvi.

Now my nuvi dont have map anymore.

anyone experience these?
    how you solve your problem?
    are your nuvi still user friendly?

help...
    Last edited by uargon; 06-27-2009, 08:19.

Happened to me a few weeks back when I was trying out a non-roadguide.ph map. I've forgotten exactly what I did but to say that you should try deleting the map set in your Nuvi using the menus, if possible. Deleting it through the USB as a mass storage device may still have left reference traces pointing to the old copy of the map in the other directories or something.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

i have nuvi 300 installed with 1.06 full version map,
      out of curiousity i sent again the map to the unit, after sending it, nuvi displayed cant unlock maps,
      using again thesame unlock code did it via mapsource utilities. send it to my unit nothing changed, the same problem came out, tried to uninstall and re intall the map still the same.
      tried to delete the map file in garmin folder of my nuvi and sent again the same thing happend. tried to update the software from garmin site and pressing the reset button, still the same, cant unlock the map
      its maybe you enter the wrong unlock code in mapsource or you uploaded the map using the unlock code for your Garmin 276c

Comment

[QUOTE=elkabong;7223]its maybe you enter the wrong unlock code in mapsource or you uploaded the map using the unlock code for your Garmin 276c[/QUO

sir i tried several times, and carefully checked the 2nd unlock code i am sure its correct.

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
          Happened to me a few weeks back when I was trying out a non-roadguide.ph map. I've forgotten exactly what I did but to say that you should try deleting the map set in your Nuvi using the menus, if possible. Deleting it through the USB as a mass storage device may still have left reference traces pointing to the old copy of the map in the other directories or something.
          sir, please try to recall the steps you made maybe it is apllicable to my unit (hope you dream on it tonight)

i tried deleting map too via usb file name gmapsupp.img. and send new file "cant unlock the map"

Comment

my nuvi now is not recognized by my pc, tried the web updater and usb drivers now cannot connect it to my pc.

Comment

I wish I could help you. Have you tried another cable? Another PC?

Comment

yes sir i did used cable from gamin, tried pc and laptop of my ate and kuya.
                still not recognized.
                i did deleting the files from garmin folder eg; map, voice and vehicle icon.
                then the problem began not recognized.
                no i did not touch the files of garmin, only the files i uploaded.
                burp. tsk tsk

Comment

Originally posted by uargon View Post
                  yes sir i did used cable from gamin, tried pc and laptop of my ate and kuya.
                  still not recognized.
                  i did deleting the files from garmin folder eg; map, voice and vehicle icon.
                  then the problem began not recognized.
                  no i did not touch the files of garmin, only the files i uploaded.
                  burp. tsk tsk
                  Looks like you have a difficult problem there... maybe joining this Nuvi yahoo discussion group might help? http://groups.yahoo.com/phrase/garmin-750-nuvi. Try searching for topics similar to what you are experiencing now with your Nuvi 300. I'm sure something will come up that will give you another perspective on how to go about your predicament... Have found such groups very helpfull in understanding my 60CSx better btw. Hope you'll be able to resolve your problem successfully bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                    Looks like you have a difficult problem there... maybe joining this Nuvi yahoo discussion group might help? http://groups.yahoo.com/phrase/garmin-750-nuvi. Try searching for topics similar to what you are experiencing now with your Nuvi 300. I'm sure something will come up that will give you another perspective on how to go about your predicament... Have found such groups very helpfull in understanding my 60CSx better btw. Hope you'll be able to resolve your problem successfully bro...
                    Boss borgie thank you for the link. i will do the searching from the link you gave. really i am not happy now coz of my nuvi, i used it for navigation because i like the display my pamangkins are enjoying it. 276c is for mapping and recoring tracks. thanks for the marine mode.

Comment

Originally posted by uargon View Post
                      Boss borgie thank you for the link. i will do the searching from the link you gave. really i am not happy now coz of my nuvi, i used it for navigation because i like the display my pamangkins are enjoying it. 276c is for mapping and recoring tracks. thanks for the marine mode.

You're welcome bro... but for the the marine mode tip, t'was given by oj88...

Comment

Also try this: http://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps...topic/479.html

Can't make it any more broken anyway.

Good luck!

Comment

hopefully it will be back to the way it is..

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                            Also try this: http://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps...topic/479.html

Can't make it any more broken anyway.

Good luck!
                            sir thank you for the marine mode, i t worked!
                            as for the nuvi ... it is not working.... hehehhe( sell it for free)

Comment

finally my nuvi is okay, thank you for the link oj88, i reboot it by pressing the power button, then i load the phil. routable map 5.17 version and my unit accepted it ,
                              i tried to load the 1.06demo full version still cant unlock the map.

pwede na to
                              bitin sya.
                              Last edited by uargon; 07-10-2009, 23:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X