Nuvi 260 - Can't locate Satellites when using in Manila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Judge View Post
    Gippy: It took your 205 10 minutes to get a lock on the sats? If so, Garmin may really be skimping on their new devices as my Nuvi 300 (pretty old model) gets the lock in less than 2 minutes and the 200 in about 5 minutes. Don't ask about my GMPC with Win7, 3D position in under 30 seconds!

It may also interest you to note that water/rain and clouds have no effects on your device's GPS signal reception. ---> http://gpsinformation.net/gpsclouds.htm
    Yes indeed. I stand corrected on my earlier statement. Thank you The Judge for the clarification. My apologies for the inaccurate information.
    Last edited by pokz; 07-26-2009, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by The Judge View Post
      Gippy: It took your 205 10 minutes to get a lock on the sats? If so, Garmin may really be skimping on their new devices as my Nuvi 300 (pretty old model) gets the lock in less than 2 minutes and the 200 in about 5 minutes. Don't ask about my GMPC with Win7, 3D position in under 30 seconds!

It may also interest you to note that water/rain and clouds have no effects on your device's GPS signal reception. ---> http://gpsinformation.net/gpsclouds.htm
      Yup, it took approximately 10mins for me to get a lock. But I realized that there was probably another contributing factor. I used it extensively in LA prior to powering it up here. So for the longest time, the "current" location was still LA. Then after 10 minutes, voila! I keep coming back to Manila! After that, it'd take around a minute or so from power up to get a lock. Yey!

Comment

Originally posted by Gippy Parungao View Post
        I noticed some errors when I tested it out today.
        I'm assuming you're using the standard map, which is the teaser map. Please take note of the errors and checked it against the demo map. The demo map is used as the basis for checking because it is the latest and is the map used by contributors...

Comment

Working...
        X