Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomtom Go?

Hi,
    anyone using Tomtom Go or has one laying around?
    Maybe you have some tipps and hints how to create overlaymap (philippines) on tomtom Go.

thanks and greets,

nono & ulf
    "music for the road?" @ free-mp3.ph

As I know, TomTom have no maps for Philippines.
    Because I also used the TomTom in Europe, and I want to change the maps to a Philippine map, but I haven't found anything after month of searching the internet.

I tried many Navigationsystems on my PDA up to now, and I love TomTom most!

Maybe somebody knows how t create a own map for TomTom. I already collected some PS data by NoniGPSPlot which I can convert to use with Google Earth.

I using Garmin since two days, but I am not really satisfied with hat navigation.

Alex
    Last edited by alexger; 04-19-2009, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by alexger View Post
      As I know, TomTom have no maps for Philippines.
      Because I also used the TomTom in Europe, and I want to change the maps to a Philippine map, but I haven't found anything after month of searching the internet.

I tried many Navigationsystems on my PDA up to now, and I love TomTom most!

Maybe somebody knows how t create a own map for TomTom. I already collected some PS data by NoniGPSPlot which I can convert to use with Google Earth.

I using Garmin since two days, but I am not really satisfied with hat navigation.

Alex
      Hi Alex,

yeah its true. we prefer to navigate with tomtom go within europe. it has built an traffic receiver and good point is a mapshare options enables you to add to, update and personalize your maps instantly.
      Tomtom Maps (AUS,NZ & Asia) are available for Australia, New Zealand,Hongkong, Singapore & Malaysia. For Philippines we still stick to Garmin due to of course this GPSproject here.

thanks and greets,

nono

Comment

Philippine Maps for Tomtom

Hi Guys,

Any news yet if there is a Tomtom version of the Philippine map? I surely hate to see this good piece of equipment go to waste.

Thanks,

Jon

Comment

same problem

YAY seems like we have the same problems probly be having sleepless nights figuring where to get a map for this tom tom.. i got a tomtom go 910.. please msg me for details if anyone got a map.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by schrade View Post
            YAY seems like we have the same problems probly be having sleepless nights figuring where to get a map for this tom tom.. i got a tomtom go 910.. please msg me for details if anyone got a map.. thanks
            my advice is for you to let go of your tomtom and go get a garmin or gps enabled phone if you plan to use a gps for navigation here in the Philippines. as mentioned by other posters, there are no detailed, country-wide coverage maps for that gps available as of the moment. the sooner you accept that, no more sleepless nights... my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
              my advice is for you to let go of your tomtom and go get a garmin or gps enabled phone if you plan to use a gps for navigation here in the Philippines. as mentioned by other posters, there are no detailed, country-wide coverage maps for that gps available as of the moment. the sooner you accept that, no more sleepless nights... my two cents
              this is so sad.. any idea where i could sell this tomtom... sobs or find anyone who would want to trade this for a garmin!!! hahahaha

Comment

We are satisfied with Tomtom Go for navigation in Europe. Yeah sad to say there is no map available for the Philippines. Australia, New Zealand, Hongkong, Malaysia are Singapore are available to buy for tomtom.
                Solution for Philippines are Garmin devices, Smartphones or Netbooks (bluetooth) with external gps.

greets,

nono

Comment

Working...
                X