• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denkat GPS

Heres a simple review of my denkat gps reciever:

Screen Size: 4.3" 480x272 Resolution
    CPU: Centrality Atlas-II 373 MHz
    SDRAM: 64MB, Flash Memory: 64Mb (NAND flash)
    Mass Memory Storage: SD memory slot, upto 2GB
    Supports: MP3, MP4, AVI, ASF, 3GP, Photo and Ebook
    AV IN, FM Transmitter, Bluetooth Handsfree

The denkat gps reciever is a multi function gps reciever a bit like the nuvi 760. The unit's main functions are: PND, multimedia player, picture viewer and cellphone handsfree device.

As a PND it works quite well and using it is very simple. Just type in the street name and the device will create a route for you. If you missed a turn or didn't follow the route given, it will recalculate another one for you. The recalculating feature is ok but it suffers from some bugs as well. Sometimes the recalculating takes a while (like a minute) so you're driving blind for that whole minute. Also, this is especially true when you're driving in small streets, when you take a parallel street from the one that the device routed the PND will think that you are driving on the routed street.

It also has a voice prompt. It wil tell you in advance when to take a turn (e.g. turn left in 20meters) then say it again when the turn is near.

As a media player it's a hit and miss. I love the music player because I could bring a lot of songs with me and it is easier for me update it with new songs. My problem before is when burning mp3 cds for my car, once you burn it you cannot change the contents. So I end up having 3-4 cds in my car, making it difficult to manage my fave songs. But with this PND I can easily add or remove songs from my playlist. The miss part is the video player. It supports files like .avi. But it can only play them in slow motion. So I had to convert the divx videos that I have into mp4 before the player can play it smoothly.

The FM transmitter is also a nice feature because not all cars have aux. The audio quality through the FM transmitter is just so so. It is better than radio but it can't compare with audio cds. There is also a caveat with the FM transmitter though. Because you can only use it if you have the unit plugged to the car charger. If it's not plugged in, the signal is too weak that the car FM can barely pick it up even if the car antenna is already beside the gps.

So in conclusion, I'm quite happy with my device. It gives good directions and it's also a decent media player. I also love the bluetooth handsfree feature. I wonder why I didn't buy a handsfree device before. It's so convinient, no more fumbling around for your phone when driving. If it can only read cellphone text messages, then that would really be something neat...

Music Player

Video Player

Bluetooth Handsfree
    Last edited by steaksauce; 01-21-2009, 22:00.

sir where did you buy the unit and how much?
    thanks!

Comment

I bought it from an aquaintance for 15k.

Comment

i have also denkat gps...is the ph map upgradedable?...how do you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by surejano View Post
          i have also denkat gps...is the ph map upgradedable?...how do you do it?
          it is upgradeable, but only if you are a contributor to the roadguide map...

Comment

Denkat GPS

Ive searched a lot of places, read reviews and so on, but nothing can substitute personal experience, I think.

If you have a car and a GPS in it, please, tell me, which brand is better: Nextar, Garmin, Delphi or any other?

Comment

Originally posted by Eterieitacepe View Post
              Ive searched a lot of places, read reviews and so on, but nothing can substitute personal experience, I think.

If you have a car and a GPS in it, please, tell me, which brand is better: Nextar, Garmin, Delphi or any other?
              hi sir,

i will recommend garmin coz our map is garmin compatible, and if ever you have a problem, we'll be glad to help you.
              with regards to other gps brand, we are not sure if you can load our map to it

thanks and good day to you sir
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
              X