Lost Memory Card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Memory Card.

I lost the memory card of my GPS. Its an AVT model PN-301. do you know where I could get a copy of this? I asked winterpine and they told me that I should buy it to them because there is a serial number for each memory card. Is this true?

I don't know how it happened. I usually put my GPS at a soft case when I go out of my car.

Originally posted by str_23 View Post
    I lost the memory card of my GPS. Its an AVT model PN-301. do you know where I could get a copy of this? I asked winterpine and they told me that I should buy it to them because there is a serial number for each memory card. Is this true?

I don't know how it happened. I usually put my GPS at a soft case when I go out of my car.
    Am I not welcome here sirs? If so, AVT PN-301 for sale anybody? Hehehe

Comment

Am I not welcome here sirs? If so, AVT PN-301 for sale anybody? Hehehe
      Ofcourse you're wellcome, but we dont have any maps here for your AVT.
      Our map are Garmin compatible, please read the how to thread on how to get it!
      Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Hi,

maybe it will work with your unit as well. Just go to their updates page and get the newest 1.4 version for portable navi's or download directly at http://www.inav.ph/download/P900_14b.exe. After downloading start the installer without your AVT unit connected. The installer will unpack all the files to a temporarly folder. In this moment simply copy the content of this folder to a new SD card. The software works with several Windows CE navis, the download contains the complete navigation system, not only a map update. Maybe you try before you waste another money with AVT.

You may also simply rename the installer xxx.exe into xxx.rar and open the file in the Total Commander or with WinRAR to extract the files.

Greetings
        /M
        Last edited by Mario; 08-30-2010, 18:58. Reason: add a sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post
          Hi,

maybe it will work with your unit as well. Just go to their updates page and get the newest 1.4 version for portable navi's or download directly at http://www.inav.ph/download/P900_14b.exe. After downloading start the installer without your AVT unit connected. The installer will unpack all the files to a temporarly folder. In this moment simply copy the content of this folder to a new SD card. The software works with several Windows CE navis, the download contains the complete navigation system, not only a map update. Maybe you try before you waste another money with AVT.

You may also simply rename the installer xxx.exe into xxx.rar and open the file in the Total Commander or with WinRAR to extract the files.

Greetings
          /M
          Thank you very much sir! Now I know why my memory card was lost. I tried putting in my memory card at it's card slot and when I pushed it, it won't lock, it keeps going back out. Maceclaim ko kaya sa warranty ito?

Comment

I tried putting in my memory card at it's card slot and when I pushed it, it won't lock, it keeps going back out. Maceclaim ko kaya sa warranty ito?
            I had same problem with my first Nuvi and got it replaced. Let us know how iNAV is handling such cases and I hope for you that thay also replace the sd card.

Comment

I guess now you realize that you are welcome here, just that we didn't have to say to help you

To answer your question, I think yes the SD card has a serial number, I think our Garmin units work the same way, if you use the SD or Mini SD card.

Yes I fully agree with you, make a cliam from where you got it from, your card got lost because of faulty locking mechanism of the unit, so it was not your fault that it fell off and got lost.

Good luck!

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Thank you sirs! At first they told me that I should buy an SD MMC from them worth Php3500 (overpricing?), but when I told them that the device is faulty / defective and showed them why, they immediately replaced the unit and

voila! A new unit was given to me.

I tried copying the files from its SD MMC to another SD MMC, it didn't work. Perhaps I have more to explore. Hehe.

Sana magkaroon na rin ng AVT map dito sa roadguide. Di ko kasi afford ang garmin, angmahal. Hehe. BTW, nabili ko lang din ito sa PIMS last August 20, 2010.

NOSEBLEED sa kakaingles! Hehehe. Thank you again sirs!

Comment

Thank you sirs! At first they told me that I should buy an SD MMC from them worth Php3500 (overpricing?), but when I told them that the device is faulty / defective and showed them why, they immediately replaced the unit and

voila! A new unit was given to me.

I tried copying the files from its SD MMC to another SD MMC, it didn't work. Perhaps I have more to explore. Hehe.

Sana magkaroon na rin ng AVT map dito sa roadguide. Di ko kasi afford ang garmin, angmahal. Hehe. BTW, nabili ko lang din ito sa PIMS last August 20, 2010.

NOSEBLEED sa kakaingles! Hehehe. Thank you again sirs!
                  you should have bought nuvi 205 in the states. it only cost around $85 with free leather case
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Wow, well that at least shows good customer support in the part of AVT, so congratulations.

Dude, better use English, it's in the rules.

I was just wondering, don't they offer free updates of their (AVT) maps? They should don't they? Or at least offer updates for a small fee?

Sorry, but unfortunately the maps of Roadguide.ph only is Garmin compatible, so if you want to get the map from RG.ph you will have to get a Garmin, and as HBT mentioned there are affordable units out there. It is not our choice that our map is only Garmin Compatible, but that is a long story.

It's still not too late though, sell your AVT and get a Garmin compatible unit and join us.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      you should have bought nuvi 205 in the states. it only cost around $85 with free leather case
                      Is there a free shipping on ebay sir?

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                      Wow, well that at least shows good customer support in the part of AVT, so congratulations.

Dude, better use English, it's in the rules.

I was just wondering, don't they offer free updates of their (AVT) maps? They should don't they? Or at least offer updates for a small fee?

Sorry, but unfortunately the maps of Roadguide.ph only is Garmin compatible, so if you want to get the map from RG.ph you will have to get a Garmin, and as HBT mentioned there are affordable units out there. It is not our choice that our map is only Garmin Compatible, but that is a long story.

It's still not too late though, sell your AVT and get a Garmin compatible unit and join us.
                      Wow, so I should use English? Nonetheless I should stop posting here, I better have an English study first. Hehe.

I already wanna sell my AVT, but I'll just wait, we'll never know if there will be an improvement on AVT (No updates on my device, SD card is overpriced. What more?).

Comment

Is there a free shipping on ebay sir?.
                        there will be charges but its very minimal and still cost less than buying here
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I see sir. My AVT's fair market value is P9800. Perhaps I can sell it 3/4 of it's price. Hehe.

Comment

Just to give you an idea. My brother got my Garmin unit for around Sing$300 or approximately 9000 to 10,000 pesos. Heck check out the forum for advertisement about Garmins, there is a member who sells them locally already.

Then imagine free map upgrades as long as you are contributing...

So you have fairly the same price GPS but you are assured of updates for free as long as you contribute, and you have fun contributing as well, you get the satisfaction of being part of the upgrade process.

I am not trying to hard sell you Garmin (we, the group, is not affiliated with them), but I am just pointing out the advantages of what system I have now.

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

Working...
                            X