YF70C-3 GPS Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YF70C-3 GPS Model

Hi, i am new here! i got my new YFGPS yesterday and i found out that roadguide is the source of its map. I am willing to contribute the tracks i made here in Tarlac since i realized that some routes do not exist in your latest upload.

Question - how can i participate in this effort? I already installed the mapsourse special but my device is not recognized by the mapsource software i got. roadguide is not compatible with my mapsource.
    Last edited by pokz; 09-04-2010, 17:14.

Originally posted by aceampong View Post
    Hi, i am new here! i got my new YFGPS yesterday and i found out that roadguide is the source of its map. I am willing to contribute the tracks i made here in Tarlac since i realized that some routes do not exist in your latest upload.

Question - how can i participate in this effort? I already installed the mapsourse special but my device is not recognized by the mapsource software i got. roadguide is not compatible with my mapsource.
    Start contributing my friend, but first, read the rules on newbies before you upload anything. The mods may be a little concerned with the RG map you mentioned that came from this GPS Mapping Project; it's not for sale you see.
    Last edited by pokz; 09-04-2010, 17:16.
    Semper Fi

Comment

where can i read those rules for newbies? can you direct me a link to get to it? how can i contribute?

Comment

where can i read those rules for newbies? can you direct me a link to get to it? how can i contribute?
        heres the link http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hello Ace,
          Welcome to roadguide.

Comment

I have also that same GPS acquired a month ago. Yes I was surprised that the map there is rg 1.13d. But the YF GPS is not compatible with MAP SOURCE. You can not directly transfer the map since YF can not be detected by MAPSOURCE.

Another problem that I encounter is that when I transfer the rg 1.17 to the YF GPS using SENDMAP, after getting the new unlock code from the Judge, the map is only a base map and not the detailed map. I can not see minor roads, and POI. When I use the FIND Address feature, the GPS said that it is not a detailed map. Contrary to what I have in my Garmin 76Csx.

Does anybody have the same experience and can help me about it.

For now I loaded the YF GPS with OSM PHIL map and it is working fine. But of course as a Contributor I want to load it with the latest RG map.
            d1754
            "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
            those who accept it avoid the snares of death
            . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Working...
            X