Garmin StreetPilot 340

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin StreetPilot 340

I have a StreetPilot with the free maps installed.

Everytime I think I have something to contribute, I find it already on the developer map. Today I installed the 1.19 map and see that all the stuff I thought I had unique was already there. Since I am in the Quezon City, Fairview area this is a hotbed of GPS activity and tons of places are already on the maps.

My Garmin does not record or follow tracks so I am limited to just finding waypoints.

I did see that the Seedling Bank is not prominent on the developer map and it is really a great place for buying every kind of plant or flower you may ever want. So for those interested, it is at the North Corner of EDSA & Quezon Ave (N 14 38.791 & E 121 02.299) for those interested.

I opened a new gas station at the corner of Dahlia & Chestnut in Fairview and it is already on the developers map.

I would like to contribute something besides whining. I have noticed some of the gates are not shown and some of the nearby streets have been completed and I could add those even if not enough to qualify. Maybe I can nickle and dime or centavo and peso my way into the better map?

Anyhow Thanks for the 5.17 routeable and the 1.19 developers map, I have gotten lots of use out of the 5.17 as it has gotten me back home more than once.

Stop by my station if you are in the area, we can talk latitudes & longitudes.
    GWB (from N42.29 & W76)

FYI... v1.07 is the latest free standard map
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hello! Actually I have contributed the Car entrance for Manila seedling a few versions ago. Including some Tracks, please double check.

However please feel free to contribute some of your favorite shops there, for example Garden 2000 is not yet there. Maybe include the main office of the seedling bank as well. Have fun.

As for contributions, please keep in mind that contributions are not just adding but also editing and updating. If the POI is there but no phone number, contribute an Edit to add that. If your Gas station is 24 hours, you can also specify that with an edit. Banks with ATM but does not show it as with a 24hr ATM. etc. Wow I am giving away my secrets... nah I am not worried, the more contributions the better our maps will become.

But be careful though with Deleting POIs, make sure it really does not exist anymore, it is worse to have deleted an Existing POI than keeping a non existing POI in the map, if you know what I mean.

Another suggestion, take photos of possible waypoints, you might catch wrong spellings, phone numbers, etc. with pictures, that you can't see while you are just passing/driving through.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Working...
      X