Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin on Head units

Been searching for a head unit for my Toyotas and came across this

Haven't seen the actual unit but the seller says the map is up to date and Garmin compatible. Is this even legal considering it is most likely not from Garmin? Last time I checked, Garmin doesn't have these units in their list. They also have other units for other cars. Anybody have any experience with these items? According to them, "The GPS map has a comprehensive map of almost all urban and rural areas in the Philippines with Point of Interest, Way Points and more other functions. The Garmin map is constantly improving because there is an active online community in the Philippines that is dedicated on improving the map." Are they referring to our group?
    Last edited by Jan; 05-23-2011, 21:59. Reason: link removed

Originally posted by jayteecie View Post
    Been searching for a head unit for my Toyotas and came across this

Haven't seen the actual unit but the seller says the map is up to date and Garmin compatible. Is this even legal considering it is most likely not from Garmin? Last time I checked, Garmin doesn't have these units in their list. They also have other units for other cars. Anybody have any experience with these items? According to them, "The GPS map has a comprehensive map of almost all urban and rural areas in the Philippines with Point of Interest, Way Points and more other functions. The Garmin map is constantly improving because there is an active online community in the Philippines that is dedicated on improving the map." Are they referring to our group?
    most likely its running on garmin xt which has been discontinued.
    Last edited by Jan; 05-23-2011, 22:00. Reason: link removed
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Would have been a Great Deal considering it is an all in one multimedia system plus a Garmin! It even has a TV tuner! The one on my Montero sport only has iNav and no TV.

Comment

Illegal software for sure.

Link removed.
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hi im using a headunit that is garmin compatible.
          It uses WinCE 5.0.
          Can anyone help me on how I can install the latest roadguide map?

Thx

Comment

You can get the maps here...

STANDARD

DEMO

CONTRIBUTOR

Map Loading Procedure

Comment

Working...
            X