Alpine IVA 900BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine IVA 900BT

My car stereo has a built in navigation. Im looking for a Philippine map for the Alpine INA 900BT. I just want the navigation to work kahit simple map.

Thanks
    Levi
    Last edited by levi; 02-07-2012, 21:12.

i think garmin wont work with alphine, kenwood has a built in garmin navigation.

Comment

Originally posted by levi View Post
      My car stereo has a built in navigation. Im looking for a Philippine map for the Alpine INA 900BT. I just want the navigation to work kahit simple map.

Thanks
      Levi
      Does your Alpine have a built-in Garmin GPS? If not, then it may not work with the RG map. But you can always try testing it with the ver 1.07 (free) map. I have the Kenwood, and it has the bult-in Garmin GPS. It works just fine with the RG map.

Comment

I think Alpine uses the same system as Nokia.

Comment

I think Alpine uses the same system as Nokia.
          Lev, does it have SD card installed included in the head unit intended for the GPS functionality?
          If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

It has a slot for SD card but I hv no idea how to use it. Ill show it to you next time.

Comment

It has a slot for SD card but I hv no idea how to use it. Ill show it to you next time.
              As with my Kenwood with built-in Garmin GPS, you load the RG map on an SD card, then insert the same SD card into the stereo SD slot so the GPS can read it. That's how you install a map onto your car stereo.

Comment

Alpine INA W900bt

Hi Sir Levi,

I have the same alpine built-in navi unit and were you able to get a philippine map? If so where? Hope you can help me in acquiring the map data. Thank you in advance.

Comment

just check if your unit runs on WinCE, Garmin Mobile XT, iGo8 etc...

then we'll start from there

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                  - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

navi unit details

Thank you sir Vforce3 for the response. The details that I know from my unit is:

NAVIGATION:

Installation Angle: Roll: A?10 degrees / Pitch: A?30 degrees / Yaw: A?10
                    degrees
                    CPU: SiRF Titan
                    GPS: 12 channel (32 channel acquisition) receiver
                    Internal Storage: Built-in flash memory with Pre-loaded Maps of US, Canada,Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands

Map & Database

Points Of Interest: 6 Million
                    Pre-Loaded Map Database: US, Canada, PR, Virgin Islands
                    Map Icons: User can select to display up to 8 POI icons on map
                    Map Views: North up, heading up, 3D
                    Map Database Update (Method): SD Card
                    Database Smart Key Filtering: Yes
                    Street Name Voice Guidance: Yes
                    Auto-Sort Nearest Destination: Yes
                    Arrival Time: Yes
                    Voice Prompts: Yes
                    Route Guidance Setup: Yes

Hope these details help but I'm still trying to know what the OS of my unit is. Thank you again

Comment

Working...
                    X