Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nokia E90 Mobile XT

Hi guys, noobie here...

just recently installed mobile xt at my communicator. honestly, this is my first time to use a gps and i really find my self stupid on it.

my primary purpose is for creating trail for my biking exploration here in davao.

my concerns are, can i plot my rides to a map so that i can post it to our websites and share it with my fellow bikers?

most of my trails are offroads, is this a way that i can plot it tru google map satellite maps?

honesty, still have a lot of questions from the scratch. pls bare with me..

tnx for the map.
    TIA

Originally posted by jtoms View Post
    Hi guys, noobie here...

just recently installed mobile xt at my communicator. honestly, this is my first time to use a gps and i really find my self stupid on it.

my primary purpose is for creating trail for my biking exploration here in davao.

my concerns are, can i plot my rides to a map so that i can post it to our websites and share it with my fellow bikers?

most of my trails are offroads, is this a way that i can plot it tru google map satellite maps?

honesty, still have a lot of questions from the scratch. pls bare with me..

tnx for the map.
    TIA
    Hi jtoms,

Welcome to roadguide. Read through the how to section of this site, there are tons of information in it. From there you can learn how to contribute so you can get the upgraded version of the map which is really great.

To plot your trails on Google, you need to convert your garmin tracks into KMZ or KML format.

Hope that helps and enjoy your stay.

I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Thank you so much sir. i've search but there are no e90 on this forum. does all other XT would be the same with other fon profile?

Comment

Thank you so much sir. i've search but there are no e90 on this forum. does all other XT would be the same with other fon profile?
        Hi Jtoms & welcome to Roadguide. Please read the Garmin XT tips & tricks thread as that's the same program you have in your E90. There's also a post there on how to record & export tracks in XT.

@Tofu, Google Earth can read .gpx files so those .gdb files in mapsource can be saved as .gpx & opened directly in GE. The current .gpx file that's extracted in your phone's MC can even be opened directly in GE. HTH

Comment

wow.. dami naman help. i greatly appreciate you guys.. i try nga to browse around the "how to"... but still having problem how to unlocked my mapsource.. ilang ulit na. hehehehe

Comment

wow.. dami naman help. i greatly appreciate you guys.. i try nga to browse around the "how to"... but still having problem how to unlocked my mapsource.. ilang ulit na. hehehehe
            hi sir jtoms,

can you specify problems on unlocking my mapsource so that we can help

good day and God Bless
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

i had install mapsource. put 25 char unlocked code. but when i try to clicked "receive from device" to get my saved tracked, it acknowledge the "devide: garmin mobile xt - nokia e90". when i click receive a prompt will show "there is a problem communicating the device"

Comment

i had install mapsource. put 25 char unlocked code. but when i try to clicked "receive from device" to get my saved tracked, it acknowledge the "devide: garmin mobile xt - nokia e90". when i click receive a prompt will show "there is a problem communicating the device"
                Mapsource will only recognize Garmin gps devices like nuvi's, etrex, 60csx & etc. For xt, you need to extract the current.gpx file from the MC, copy to PC, then open that in Mapsource. May i ask what version of Roadguide map you have in your Mapsource?

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                  @Tofu, Google Earth can read .gpx files so those .gdb files in mapsource can be saved as .gpx & opened directly in GE. The current .gpx file that's extracted in your phone's MC can even be opened directly in GE. HTH
                  Sorry for the mix up Borgie. My mistake, I had the habit of converting gpx to kmz because the first time I opened a gpx file on GE, it displayed ugly squares for every track point instead of a line for my tracks. I don't really know how it happened so, I never tried it again.

It's only now, after reading your post did I try it again. Alas, there's a nice line. Funny experience, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                    Mapsource will only recognize Garmin gps devices like nuvi's, etrex, 60csx & etc. For xt, you need to extract the current.gpx file from the MC, copy to PC, then open that in Mapsource. May i ask what version of Roadguide map you have in your Mapsource?
                    ah.. OMG, i feel really stupid!

but im wondering, when i plot a route in my pc it can send to my e90 but i can find it in my e90(garmin folder or any folder)

i use PR 5.17 & RG.ph demo map 1.01

Comment

Originally posted by Tofu View Post
                      I had the habit of converting gpx to kmz because the first time I opened a gpx file on GE, it displayed ugly squares for every track point instead of a line for my tracks.
                      I experienced it too in GE & found out that the line thickness has to be changed to 1 so it will show nicely... But converting it to kmz works best & gpx is good for quickie viewing.

Comment

guys, i dont know where to find the save maps on my garmin folder on the fone.

this afternoon, i went also biking. i wonder why the tracks was lost

(the green line was manually done tru corel)

this was the result when i came home

why oh why!!! pls help. i can find where those save track was stored

Comment

jtoms,

I suggest you read this http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=224 first. I'm sure you'll find all the answers here. I'm a firm believer that hands on experience is better than being hand fed all the answers. I'm sure you'll say it's so easy.

Comment

Working...
                          X