ipod touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ipod touch

will the garmin mobile xt work on the ipod touch? i have the gen2 itouch and i was thinking of using it since it has a map application. does it have a gps receiver?

the iPod Touch does not have a GPS

Comment

Even if it does it still won't work as GMXT isn't compatible with iPod Touch/iPhone.

Comment

ipod touch

Nice article.Thanks for sharing.
        Last edited by stephin063; 09-09-2011, 19:41.

Comment

Bratski,

No GPS on ipod touch, I have either 2nd gen or 3rd gen I forgot but no GPS.

You can try Navitel on your ipod touch, I have installed the trial version for kicks, it installs without any problem, but because no built in GPS I was only able to do simulations.

It is possible that if you pair it with a Bluetooth GPS device that you can make it work. Not sure how much they cost and not sure about compatibility but it might turn out cheaper than buying a new GPSR/PND.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by primo1 View Post
            Even if it does it still won't work as GMXT isn't compatible with iPod Touch/iPhone.
            hi what if you jailbreak the ipod touch, can the system work.

Comment

what if the ipod touch is already jailbroken,do you think it will work

Comment

Junie,

1. Garmin XT, will not work in any iOS it only works with Windows Mobile and symbian as far as I know.

2. Why don't you just use Navitel instead?

The navitel map is free and quite updated compared to the RG 1.07 Garmin free map.

But as far as I know ipod touch does not have an offline GPS feature. So even if you have XT or Navitel installed, it will not work unless you get an external bluetooth GPS to work with it, not sure if that is easy or not.

TTFN
                Arvin
                Last edited by arvin555; 02-16-2012, 21:08.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  Junie,

1. Garmin XT, will not work in any iOS it only works with Windows Mobile and symbian as far as I know.

2. Why don't you just use Navitel instead?

The navitel map is free and quite updated compared to the RG 1.07 Garmin free map.

But as far as I know ipod touch does not have an offline GPS feature. So even if you have XT or Navitel installed, it will not work unless you get an external bluetooth GPS to work with it, not sure if that is easy or not.

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  thanks tol,where to get navitel

Comment

Sorry, I thought you had it already as you have it in your profile.

Navitel can be downloaded from appstore. It is however a paid application though the map is free.

I heard there are more and more iOS GPS apps out there that has fairly decent maps though. But in RG we only have so far Garmin compatible and Navitel Compatible maps.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by juniedmd8 View Post
                      thanks tol,where to get navitel
                      for you to use the ipod with your ipod touch with any gps unit ( with bluetooth ) you must install BTstack. you can only do this by jailbreaking your device and it's about $5 or $6. but with some navigation apps there are quite a few in the app store. Nav4 is about $40 but you can download the low cost which is 2.99 but it will only work for a month..what i did was i uninstall it and reinstall it again and it worked for another month..

Comment

Working...
                      X