- Is it a good GPS device?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by LyleCantalejo View Post
    I am considering Samsung Omnia II and just like to
    get your comments:
    - Can I use our map to this phone? How?
    - Is it a good GPS device?

Thanks a lot.
    you got to have garmin xt application for our map to work on it.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Just get the Garmin XT for Windows Mobile and you can use your Omnia II.

Comment

Thanks Pagedown, Please help me more,
        - exactly how could I install the Garmin XT for Windows mobile to OmniaII

Sorry Dude, please be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by LyleCantalejo View Post
          Thanks Pagedown, Please help me more,
          - exactly how could I install the Garmin XT for Windows mobile to OmniaII

Sorry Dude, please be patient.
          Please refrain from discussing any installation of any kind other than those that pertains to mapsource & the Roadguide map... you just might violate the forum rules and suffer the consequences. First & last warning...

Comment

Sorry Boss, it will never happen again.

Comment

I am using Samsung Omnia HD that is running on Symbian 60 v5. Garmin XT is running perfectly and happy with it.

Comment

I got GT-I8000H from Taiwan and I love it! It came with the McGuider GPS program but only with China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong Maps. Other maps are limited but it works great. I also loaded Garmin XT and it works great but I still have issues. Unlike the McGuider, when I use Garmin XT, the phone goes into sleep mode after a min or so. I haven't learned how to set it so it doesn't do this wit the Garmin soft. Also, every time I start the Garmin software, it takes 5-10min to collect the GPS data and it doesn't store it so it is frustrating. I am unable to get the data from a server via the active-sync thus far. I don't use it as a phone yet, this may be the problem; I have a couple of monts left on contract and my phone SIM can't be used with the I8000 because of the crapy phone provider. The phone will work fine but the company refuses to put my IME into the chip to enable it to be used.

Adding maps is very easy and they work great.

Comment

Originally posted by LT1 View Post
                  , when I use Garmin XT, the phone goes into sleep mode after a min or so. I haven't learned how to set it so it doesn't do this wit the Garmin soft.
                  From Garmin Standby mode click TOOLS> SETTINGS> DISPLAY> then BACKLIGHT OVERRIDE

Youn can then choose (check the box): Always on,On when charging(or on car holder with charger)On when navigating or On when Speaking. HTH

Comment

I am using Samsung Omnia II (i8000) running on Windows Mobile 6.5. The Garmin Mobile XT works perfectly fine especially with the latest standard GPS map v1.07.

Comment

Heavy rain / thick clouds

Do you get a satellite lock-on during heavy rains? It rained a lot tonight and I was trying to use my Garmin Mobile XT but failed. I was getting almost none to a single signal bar in an open area, no tall buildings, etc.

Comment

samsung i8000 omnia 2

im using omnia 2 i8000 and use garmin mobile xt. i noticed there are times when the agps dsnt work. i wont get even a single bar. but i turned my phone off for 5 mins and turned it back on, it received the satelite. was wondering if other users experience this problem???

Comment

Originally posted by crisvi_wizard View Post
                          I am using Samsung Omnia II (i8000) running on Windows Mobile 6.5. The Garmin Mobile XT works perfectly fine especially with the latest standard GPS map v1.07.
                          Hi crisvi_wizard,

Can you PM me on the steps you have done to run garmin xt on your omnia 2.

I also need Garmin XT on my omnia I8000,

Thanks in advance

Comment

hi can anybody help me how to get the IMEI number for the Phone? i'm having a hardtime finding it... btw i use a samsung omnia pro B7320.. i didn't create a new thread because it's still related with samsung omnia though. mods please delete my post if you find it off topic..TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Marah View Post
                              Hi crisvi_wizard,

Can you PM me on the steps you have done to run garmin xt on your omnia 2.

I also need Garmin XT on my omnia I8000,

Thanks in advance

I already have the answer to the IMEI number..

@crisvi_wizard can you also PM me the steps on how to run Garmin XT on my Samsung omnia B7320 running on windows mobile 6.5

Comment

Working...
                              X