charge on GMXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charge on GMXT

is the use of the GMXT free or there is a fee from your mobile phone provider?

Originally posted by pijow View Post
    is the use of the GMXT free or there is a fee from your mobile phone provider?
    It's free. To be sure, check your positioning setting and disable all except the built-in GPS... HTH

Comment

As I understand it, it depends on the phone used, if it has integrated gps, no charge at all, if it only has agps(assisted gps), then your provider will charge you (smart will charge you 10 pesos per 30 minutes while globe will charge you per kb used.

If it has both, you can either turn off agps, or set agps to acquire signals initially(which is faster) then switch to gps to minimize on costs.

Comment

Geez!!! No wonder I was charged 260+ on my last bill!!! How can I force GMXT on my Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic to use its built-in GPS?
        Certified Roadguide.ph Addict

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Geez!!! No wonder I was charged 260+ on my last bill!!! How can I force GMXT on my Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic to use its built-in GPS?
          Look for the "positioning" setting, i think it's under the phone settings. Then disable the other settings except for the integrated or built-in gps... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            It's free. To be sure, check your positioning setting and disable all except the built-in GPS... HTH
            where do you find the positioning setting on an e71 TIA

Comment

Originally posted by pijow View Post
              where do you find the positioning setting on an e71 TIA
              Go to "tools/settings/general/positioning/positioning methods". Uncheck all except "integrated gps"...

Comment

^^^ thanks bro

Comment

Look for the "positioning" setting, i think it's under the phone settings. Then disable the other settings except for the integrated or built-in gps... HTH
                  Go to "tools/settings/general/positioning/positioning methods". Uncheck all except "integrated gps"...
                  BTW, Thanks a lot (forgot to do this immediately )

Last edited by woohoo; 01-14-2010, 10:07.
                  Certified Roadguide.ph Addict

Comment

Working...
                  X