X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tts

Originally posted by Reiji0463
    that is route guidance.
    our map has it but your unit should support TTS as jspalaroan pointed out.
    its not TYP btw.

I frequently use Samsung Omnia with Garmin Mobile XT? does it support TTS??? Mine only says "in 350m Turn Left", "Turn right", "If possible make a U-Turn" etc. it doesnt include street names
    Last edited by gareth85; 02-13-2010, 21:14.

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
    I frequently use Samsung Omnia with Garmin Mobile XT? does it support TTS??? Mine only says "in 350m Turn Left", "Turn right", "If possible make a U-Turn" etc. it doesnt include street names

Presently, there is no tts on all versions of mobile xt.
    I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

im not a garmin xt user. lets wait for borgie's reply on this.
      but i assure its not the map bec. im using a nuvi and it says "in 350m turn left to edsa".

add:
      master tofu has a reply already.
      Last edited by Reiji; 02-13-2010, 21:18. Reason: addendum
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

hi gareth85.. I was using samsung omnia w/ garmin mobile xt before and it speaks the street names..

I frequently use Samsung Omnia with Garmin Mobile XT? does it support TTS??? Mine only says "Turn Left", "Turn right", "If possible make a U-Turn" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tofu View Post
          Presently, there is no tts on all versions of mobile xt.
          i agree sir. im using garmin xt on samsung omnia. it will only say "in 450 meters, turn right". looking forward to use 255w.

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
            hi gareth85.. I was using samsung omnia w/ garmin mobile xt before and it speaks the street names..
            where can i locate the setting of TTS?? noob question lol
            Last edited by gareth85; 02-13-2010, 21:26.

Comment

hi gareth85, I will have to get back to you on that since I already formatted my omnia and I have not used it for almost 6 months now because of my 265WT.. hold that thought...

where can i locate the setting of TTS?? noob question lol

Comment

because of my 265WT

Is it appropriate here in the forum to ask if where did you bought the nuvi thing that have TTS? cause all my 5 GPS device are all Garmin mobileXT.

Comment

yup no problem.. I bought my 265WT on ebay..

Is it appropriate here in the forum to ask if where did you bought the nuvi thing that have TTS? cause all my 5 GPS device are all Garmin mobileXT.

Comment

yup no problem.. I bought my 265WT on ebay..
                    Is this available in philippine map??

aside from TTS what else are the difference of Garmin nuvi in Garmin mobile XT? btw the Traffic thing does it work?? what is better nuvi 5000 or nuvi 1690 or other Garmin Device? hehehe sorry for so many questions it just gave me interest to buy nuvi it have other features unlike garmin xt

BTW is there any Garmin device that can be attach to our own LCD car screen that have navigator????
                    Last edited by gareth85; 02-13-2010, 22:05.

Comment

features almost the same.. traffic feature is currently not supported in our country. Also in my own opinion a stand alone Nuvi is better because when I was using the omnia it hangs on me when I receive an incoming call, some what hard to type on the screen, slow to get a signal lock, while on my 265WT it locks within a couple of seconds.. and no conflicts from other apps that are current residing in memory...

This is just my opinion and some people might have a different experience with their omnia..

aside from TTS what else are the difference of Garmin nuvi in Garmin mobile XT? btw the Traffic thing does it work??

Comment

features almost the same.. traffic feature is currently not supported in our country. Also in my own opinion a stand alone Nuvi is better because when I was using the omnia it hangs on me when I receive an incoming call, some what hard to type on the screen, slow to get a signal lock, while on my 265WT it locks within a couple of seconds.. and no conflicts from other apps that are current residing in memory...

This is just my opinion and some people might have a different experience with their omnia..
                        i agree. that's why i'm buying a 255w.

Comment

Tts

transferred from another thread.
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                          X