Windows Mobile 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Mobile 6.1

Hi. I read from this forum that majority of you are using garmin software. Is it compatible with windows mobile?

Im using an HTC tytn II with mapking 2007.

I would like to try the other software but dont know how to.

Oziexplorer

I use oziexplorer on laptop as well as windows mobile 6.1.
    Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
      Hi. I read from this forum that majority of you are using garmin software. Is it compatible with windows mobile?

Im using an HTC tytn II with mapking 2007.

I would like to try the other software but dont know how to.
      alpha-q:

There is Garmin's Mobile XT: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?...413#featureTab

Comment

bfh42: thanks for the suggestion. Everyone is using garmin products here ill try
        AMF's.

Thanks guys.

I have to buy a bigger memory for my cellphone.

Can anyone tell me step by step on how to install philippine map for garmins mobile xt?

thanks

Comment

I'm sure both can be used for navigation but I'm not so sure if they can both log or record tracks. I'm not much into Windows.

allan

Comment

how do you install philippine maps after i install the software?

Comment

how do you install philippine maps after i install the software?
              use mapsource.

check how to section
              How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

i downloaded the garmin xt mobile pc. Got it wrong i thought its for mobilepc.

got another one

Tried the windows mobile garminxt for my cellphone and it wont work! is it supposed to be a garmin gps product and connect to my cellphone?

sucks! I have a built in gps on my cell and i have to buy another gps?

can anyone clarify this? thanks.

Comment

there's 2 versions of garmin mobile xt:
                  one you download for free and have to use with garmin 10 gps.

other one you purchase an sd card which will allow the use of your internal antenna.
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    there's 2 versions of garmin mobile xt:
                    one you download for free and have to use with garmin 10 gps.

other one you purchase an sd card which will allow the use of your internal antenna.
                    oh thats why. Now im trying to purchase one with the built in. Thanks. Jan

Comment

Do you have to have the cell phone in order to make the Garmin TX works? I own google G1 which doesn't have GPS capability so if i buy the unit alone will it works by downloading the map via the sd card?

Comment

royt808,

Hmmm, Garmin Mobile XT is a software you can install in your cellphone, it is not a physical GPS unit. If your cellphone doesn't have GPS capability, you will need an external GPS to pair with your phone (via Bluetooth, etc). Also, make sure that Garmin supports the Android operating system (which is the Google G1's operating system) before buying the software.

Best regards,
                        Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by royt808 View Post
                          Do you have to have the cell phone in order to make the Garmin TX works? I own google G1 which doesn't have GPS capability so if i buy the unit alone will it works by downloading the map via the sd card?
                          Welcome royt808!

The Google Phone doesn't have a GPS chip? I guess it has one.

Comment

How did it go?

oh thats why. Now im trying to purchase one with the built in. Thanks. Jan

Hello alpha-q

Did you manage to install and run the Mobile XT in your HTC ?
                            I have an HTC Touch 3G with Garmin Mobile XT already installed (with Thailand map).
                            Did you manage to install the Phil map without problem?

Comment

O2 Atom Life

Hi every one... newbie here.. how can i download or use my pda to download data/maps? I think is capable of GPS... tia! -

Comment

Working...
                              X