Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Mobile XT hangs on Nokia 5800?

hi everbody!

Is it true that most of the time or rather while viewing the map, the nokia 5800 hangs? if true, is there any solution with this?

Im nokia 5800 owner, but without the garmin software yet, i want to ask you guys if indeed most of the time it hangs?

Im trying decide wether or not to get the software, but if it hangs most of the time, its not a good combination.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Arvincastro View Post
    hi everbody!

Is it true that most of the time or rather while viewing the map, the nokia 5800 hangs? if true, is there any solution with this?

Im nokia 5800 owner, but without the garmin software yet, i want to ask you guys if indeed most of the time it hangs?

Im trying decide wether or not to get the software, but if it hangs most of the time, its not a good combination.

Thanks!
    Same experience I had. I suggest that you buy a Nuvi rather than buying XT for your 5800.

Comment

Originally posted by Arvincastro View Post
      hi everbody!

Thanks!
      It can also drain your cellphone battery fast.

Comment

get the latest version and you'll be fine. no more hangs.

Comment

from my (not so extensive) usage of my sister's 5800, the answer is no, garmin xt does not cause the 5800 to be unresponsive (hang). I installed garmin xt to my sisters phone together with roadguide 5.08, we tried it briefly; walking and driving around the block, it was ok. it does get sluggish once in a while but i wouldn't say its garmin xt that caused it; 5800 is a pretty sluggish phone to begin with (compared to other smartphone) so while it will get the job done as a GPS navi...just don't expect it to be as responsive as a dedicated nuvi.

FYI. I am using a garmin xt on an e90, and the e90 is rock solid and quite responsive, that's because the e90 firmware is old and matured (i.e. all bugs has been sorted out). My sister's 5800 is installed with the latest firmware. Those who complained of unresponsive 5800s probably is not using the latest firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by jetro View Post
            Those who complained of unresponsive 5800s probably is not using the latest firmware.
            Had the latest firmware and still it hanged.

Comment

i'm using garmin XT on a 5800 running the latest firmware. garmin XT does hang from time to time when browsing the map.

Comment

Originally posted by tikoy View Post
                i'm using garmin XT on a 5800 running the latest firmware. garmin XT does hang from time to time when browsing the map.
                i think its normal on xt, what i did, i removed the sd card, switch off the unit remove the battery and leaved it for an hour, then put i back together. see if it will be the same. mine htc tytnII working great. or get a dedicated gps.:sly:

Comment

the worst thing that happened to my sister's 5800 is that while we are using it for navigation, a text message came in. the display became unresponsive for a long time then it slowly recovered, that's the worst. when browsing the map normally, i mean, with gps off and just doing some simulation routes and finding waypoints, it is very useable. Again, we tested on 5.08 version of the map. Also, I make sure that no background application is running before running garmin xt.

Comment

update both your phone's firmware and GarminXT. that's the solution.

Comment

Working...
                    X