Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin XT problem

Hey Guys,

I installed XT on my N95 and works OK. Only problem is every time I make a new route the software hangs as soon as I get to my destination so I'm not able to save it and therefore not able to upload any contributions.

Does anyone have the same problem? Also has anyone been able to use Nokia Sports Tracker? Or any other freeware GPS software.

Thanks!

Zap

even if ur unit hangs the data is still there. depends on version whether u have to export first as gpx or whether u can use mapsource to load the data
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I haven't encountered that problem yet. But I do have one problem with mine using Windows mobile on my HTC.

When Im navigating using my Garmin mobile xt after a couple of minutes, the backlight will turn off by itself (Mapking does not), and I have to turn it back on always. so I went through the settings and put a check on "backlight always on" thats where the trouble began. While I was navigating the streets of downtown toronto my software got stuck and I got lost! what a bummer!

So I went to the settings on my phone and set it not to turn off the backlight after 2 minutes of not using it.

so far so good!

Comment

Hey alpha-q,

That is quite weird indeed. I have mine set to "Always on" too, and it doesn't cause any problem. When you changed it to "always on", how long did you let it stay in that setting (which was the time span of the problem)? I'm wondering if the software has cut its GPS signal AT THAT TIME and is trying to lock on again (starting over) while your vehicle is moving, thus making it a bit harder to catch up.

In the default settings, I remembered mine was set to have backlight on every time I'm in routing mode (using Where To?), and "Always On" wasn't checked yet. I had to check "Always On", and immediately after that, exited Mobile XT. After a few seconds later I turned it on, no problems. This turning off and on thing was a habit I got from my software consulting days, wherein a fresh start can almost always solve these tiny problems hehe

Best regards,
        Ryan

Comment

Thanks! Will check using mapsource.

Comment

Originally posted by emailzap View Post
            Hey Guys,

I installed XT on my N95 and works OK. Only problem is every time I make a new route the software hangs as soon as I get to my destination so I'm not able to save it and therefore not able to upload any contributions.

Does anyone have the same problem? Also has anyone been able to use Nokia Sports Tracker? Or any other freeware GPS software.

Thanks!

Zap
            Happened to me using GMXT 5.00.30 try to update GMXT to 5.00.50 from garmin website. it free.

Comment

Originally posted by emailzap View Post
              ...Also has anyone been able to use Nokia Sports Tracker? ...

Thanks!

Zap
              Have installed it and tested it okay with my phone but have yet to contribute tracks. I want to contribute some missing tracks for the Cebu area but haven't had the time to do it yet.

Comment

Working...
              X