Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin nuvi G60. But need a vote of confidence....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin nuvi G60. But need a vote of confidence....

I'm new here. So, Hello!

Anyone owns a nuvifone G60? Reviews (for Philippine environment)?

Thank you.

// beachhead

Originally posted by beachhead View Post
    I'm new here. So, Hello!

Anyone owns a nuvifone G60? Reviews (for Philippine environment)?

Thank you.

// beachhead

welcome to roadguide

its a fun gpsphone and you'll a lot of wow nice phone, what this brand garmin-asus etc etc....
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hey thanks...

the reviews aren't so good in cnet. but i'm the type that don't entirely listen to reviews.

Comment

nuvifone m20

hey guys, i'm planning to get an m20 in singapore... can u install our map via mapsource on the phone... i see that HBT has a g60... any comments.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mausolis View Post
          hey guys, i'm planning to get an m20 in singapore...
          quick while The Great Singapore Sale 2010 is still on...

Originally posted by mausolis
          can u install our map via mapsource on the phone... i see that HBT has a g60... any comments.. thanks
          i'm guessing it should be ok, ala- mapsource+gmxt kinda thing.
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

nuvi 295w

I have the nuvi 295w. Just got it at GH this morning from an ebayer... Its practically the nuvi G60 without the phone function ala iPod Touch to iPhone...

The reason I got this over the 255 (255w was sold out) was because of the removable battery of the 295w and when used in pedestrian mode it looks like a phone rather than a gps device...

Comment

G60 is a good GPS (because it's garmin based) but limited on the phone features. limited because what it offers, other brands also have (browsing, built in pop/imap support) it's pretty responsive compared to other phones. the only gripe i have with it is that the built in address book is very very limited. only 4 parameters for contact numbers, and no easy way to sync your contacts. i was left with syncing it via sim card from another phone
              no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Originally posted by bunta510 View Post
                G60 is a good GPS (because it's garmin based) but limited on the phone features. limited because what it offers, other brands also have (browsing, built in pop/imap support) it's pretty responsive compared to other phones. the only gripe i have with it is that the built in address book is very very limited. only 4 parameters for contact numbers, and no easy way to sync your contacts. i was left with syncing it via sim card from another phone

kuya i think theres a way of syncing with outlook but i didnt bother, since i se my g60 with my landline plus
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

yup tried syncing with outlook, but there's no way to sync a parameter "other" or any other-named parameter not built in the G60. i didn't bother to organize all my contacts since this is my secondary phone
                  no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Working...
                  X