Garman map better than Mapking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garman map better than Mapking?

I am not sure if I am in the right forum but I've got a HTC HD2 (a PDA/smartphone).

I've been a Windows Mobile user for a long time and the only option for me has been Mapking. Mapking kind of stinks, especially compared to iGo, which is what I use when in the States.

Mapking R12 sent me the wrong way down a one way street in QC last week and I started looking for a better app over labor day. My question is about the quality of the map here. Has anyone used it and Mapking? Is is better than Mapking's map? I seem to need to buy Garmin before I can use it with mapsource, so before I plunk down the cash (which is alot), I kind of need to know.

Thank you!

Welcome to RoadGuide slipshadow.

I have used (bought online)MapKing from the very first version they have up
    to MapKing 2007 and MapKing R12.They are now collecting dust on my CD shelf since I became a member of RoadGuide
    Now I won't say which map is better, MapKing or Garmin "Mobile XT"
    (the one you need for your HTC HD2) because you can't compare the two.
    Reason behind this is MapKing only has Metro Manila area,and Roadguide map
    has the whole Philippines. Our Contributors map is not 100% complete but because of our dedicated contributors, we are getting there little by little.
    Hope that you could be one of the contributors soon.

Comment

Originally posted by silkshadow View Post
      I am not sure if I am in the right forum but I've got a HTC HD2 (a PDA/smartphone).

I've been a Windows Mobile user for a long time and the only option for me has been Mapking. Mapking kind of stinks, especially compared to iGo, which is what I use when in the States.

Mapking R12 sent me the wrong way down a one way street in QC last week and I started looking for a better app over labor day. My question is about the quality of the map here. Has anyone used it and Mapking? Is is better than Mapking's map? I seem to need to buy Garmin before I can use it with mapsource, so before I plunk down the cash (which is alot), I kind of need to know.

Thank you!
      you can buy and install software "garmin mobile xt" into your htc.
      then you can download and use our free map.
      you can contribute to get our latest contributors map.
      for phil gps map, theres nothing better than roadguide map.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks guys! I got a Garmin XT trial and will check out your map.

Comment

Working...
        X