How to have multiple maps on your MobileXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to have multiple maps on your MobileXT

Q. How can I have multiple gmapsupp.img?

A.You can have multiple maps - you can load a gmapsupp.img into the internal memory and another onto the SD card, and if you need more, a little renaming will help, though as always backup the map files off the GPS first!
    Main Memory
    1. gmapbmap.img - basemap
    2. gmapprom.img - preinstalled map (if any) or additional map if you replace this map
    3. gmapprom1.img - additional map
    4. gmapsupp.img - additional map
    5. gmapoem.img - additional map but this map cannot be deselected

SD Card
    6. gmapsupp.img - additional map

Make sure, you have enough memory. Only 1 map will be the default but when you choose country, you'll see your different maps. You can also use your Manage your Data, to disable and enable maps.

How is this different from having Mapsource do it for you automatically?

In Mapsource, select all the maps you want and upload them to your mobile. External or internal memory can be used, given that there's enough room for both maps. No need to store different maps separately.

Once uploaded to GMXT, go to Tools>Manage My Data>Map Sets>Mapsource and put a check only on the maps you plan to use. You can have all maps selected as long as they don't overlap; such as the case when having both roadguide and OSM maps, you might want to use only one or the other, not both at the same time.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
      How is this different from having Mapsource do it for you automatically?

In Mapsource, select all the maps you want and upload them to your mobile. External or internal memory can be used, given that there's enough room for both maps. No need to store different maps separately.

Once uploaded to GMXT, go to Tools>Manage My Data>Map Sets>Mapsource and put a check only on the maps you plan to use. You can have all maps selected as long as they don't overlap; such as the case when having both roadguide and OSM maps, you might want to use only one or the other, not both at the same time.
      Kuya oj88, this method will be useful if you have different gmapsupp.img map files (of other countries for example) and no mapsource installer (for these maps). With this method, you can still combine maps that you will be able to use in your GPS...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
        Kuya oj88, this method will be useful if you have different gmapsupp.img map files (of other countries for example) and no mapsource installer (for these maps). With this method, you can still combine maps that you will be able to use in your GPS...
        Ahh, sa bagay. If all you have to work on are gmapsupp*.* files, I guess that's the way to go nga.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

some units also support gmapsup2.img

what i did with mine is combine the maps that doesn't get updated much in gmapsup2.img. frequently updated maps are on gmapsupp.img
          got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

I wonder does this apply to GMXT only or even with other Garmin units, Nuvii and stuff?

In any case this is great info for GMXT users thanks!

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Working...
            X